RuneScape taking FOREVER to load!

Plugpoint

I'm on Firefox atm and it just will not let me play!

When I click on a world, it comes up with a white screen which, after about 5 minutes, comes up with that red and black loading bar. Another 10-15 minutes and it comes up with 'Connecting to update server'

Eventually, about half hour after that, you get the login page. But it's ridiculously slow, I'm not kidding. I managed to log on last night, tried doing something that could possibly be done with stupid amounts of lag, alched something and got Prison Pete -.-

So now I can't just put up with the slowness, I HAVE to do something about it.

(Edit) IE used to come up with a 'The Java Runtime Environment hates you' error message, it now does exactly the same as Firefox. I've tried installing Opera, same problem.

It was absolutely fine on Firefox up until Friday night (16th November).. I've tried removing all Java from my computer and then reinstalling it but it still won't load. It needs fixing pretty soon as members is up in something like five days and there's obviously no point renewing if I can't play

Thanks,

Plugpoint92 :|

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

What kind of error message are you getting in Internet Explorer? Have you tried using the RS client that Jagex made? Have you tried using another browser like Opera? Also, does your internet connection seem slower when you're doing anything other than playing RuneScape?

It comes up with "The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded"

I don't think it's the internet connection tbh, I can load other pages fine while RS is making a pathetic attempt to load in another tab

Also, what do you mean by the RS client that Jagex made?

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Jagex made a client for people to use. On the RuneScape home page, look on the left side under the "Website Features" section and click the link that says "Downloads and Wallpapers". The client will be the first thing listed.

However, it uses Internet Explorer to run so there's a chance that it won't work either. Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java?

Ok, well it seems to be a Java problem. I searched for the error message that you got and I found this thread on the Java forums. There are a few suggestions there on how to fix it. If you don't understand how to do something that they said, I'll explain it.

aV2q9u6S.jpg

For the picture on the right, I went to Control Panel -> Java, like it says on your link, but I couldn't see how to clear the cache tab - where is this? :?

Then I discovered the picture on the left (Tools -> Java Console in Firefox, Tools -> Sun Java in IE), tried pressing 'clear' at the bottom and restarted but it still doesn't work

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

You could have a virus from downloaded 3rd party software for Rs. I've know that to happen with other people in the past and its taken them ridiculously long time for their rs to work. Try scanning your computer for viruses and spyware.

I have virus scanned twice now. I think I'll download a different virus scanner and try that, then use a spyware detector.

I just hope that works lol. :pray:

Plugpoint92 :|

Edit: Just seen my sig - 9M XP?! I didn't know I was anywhere near that! Ah well, one RS-related thing to be happy about... :D

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Run another virus scan and STILL nothing.

Tbh I think it's a problem on Jagex's end. I've been browsing through forums both here and on the official RS ones and some people seem to be having the same problem that's been going on since Friday.

I just hope Monday's or Tuesday's updates solve this!

If anyone else has any suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated :!:

Plugpoint92 ::'

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Several points

Do you use AVG?

Firefox is your default?

All other Java based documents/internet files run normally?

Try using miniclip with some Java games if you're not sure.

Report back here once you have answers :D

liverdh1.jpg

Help me starting out again - Give YOUR advice!

If you're collecting in game "hyt's" send me a message here or in game :D

same thing happened to me. i just downloaded the official client, go on the home page, click in downloads and wallpapers at the left, then click "click here" under where it says windows client. it works fine with the client, i have no idea why it stopped working on FF. but about a week later i tried on FF again and it worked :)

Good luck

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png

Several points

Do you use AVG?

Firefox is your default?

All other Java based documents/internet files run normally?

Try using miniclip with some Java games if you're not sure.

Report back here once you have answers :D

Yeah I used it.. forgot to post back after I'd done it lol. It found... some :wink: lmao. I pressed 'clean' and it did nothing. Then I pressed 'delete' and it just deleted the list of viruses - not the actual things!! GAHHH lol!

Yeah Firefox is the default

And I went on Miniclip.. Are all the games on there Java-based or just a handful? The ones I went on worked alright, but if it's only a couple, what ones are they and I'll try playing those :thumbup:

same thing happened to me. i just downloaded the official client, go on the home page, click in downloads and wallpapers at the left, then click "click here" under where it says windows client. it works fine with the client, i have no idea why it stopped working on FF. but about a week later i tried on FF again and it worked Smile

Good luck

I've already tried it and it didn't work but I'll give it another go :)

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Oh, forgot to add - I still think it's a problem on Jagex's end because I've seen people with similar issues. But I tried again today after they updated and it's still a bit meh

Just had an idea - I'll try the thing off Downloads And Wallpapers or whatever it is with Firefox as my default, then change the default to IE if that doesn't work. Don't think it'll make much difference - if it worked on IE I'd be playing RS right now lol

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Oh, forgot to add - I still think it's a problem on Jagex's end because I've seen people with similar issues. But I tried again today after they updated and it's still a bit meh

Just had an idea - I'll try the thing off Downloads And Wallpapers or whatever it is with Firefox as my default, then change the default to IE if that doesn't work. Don't think it'll make much difference - if it worked on IE I'd be playing RS right now lol

you don't even have to change cruddy IE to your default , and i think it will work, because it worked for me, and my computer is probably a lot slower than yours.

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png

you don't even have to change cruddy IE to your default , and i think it will work, because it worked for me, and my computer is probably a lot slower than yours.

Didn't work at all lol :shock:

I had already tried the client but mehhh

My computer just doesn't want RS to load lol <.<

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I could probably help, but there's three things I have to know.

1. What is your operating system? 2000, XP Pro, XP Home, etc.

2. What are your computer specifications? How much RAM, how fast your processor is, and how much of a Hard disk (with available space) do you have.

3. How fast is your internet? Dial-up, 256K, DSL, Cable, etc.

Get back to me with those specs and I think I can resolve something. Chances are it's the problem with your computer, and definitely not something that Jagex did.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

2. What are your computer specifications? How much RAM, how fast your processor is, and how much of a Hard disk (with available space) do you have.

Get back to me with those specs and I think I can resolve something. Chances are it's the problem with your computer, and definitely not something that Jagex did.

1. XP Home Edition 2002

2. CPU 2.8Ghz, 504Mb of RAM.. how do I find out about the hard drive with available space? I only know so much lol, I'm alright but not that great with the technical side of computers!

3. 54Mbps - tell me if I've put a completely wrong bit of info there lol #-o

I've heard other people have had similar problems so I'm not sure it's just my computer. But any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Also, I tried a System Restore to a date before it stopped working, but that didn't work <.<

Thanks,

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

1. XP Home Edition 2002

2. CPU 2.8Ghz, 504Mb of RAM.. how do I find out about the hard drive with available space? I only know so much lol, I'm alright but not that great with the technical side of computers!

3. 54Mbps - tell me if I've put a completely wrong bit of info there lol #-o

I've heard other people have had similar problems so I'm not sure it's just my computer. But any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Also, I tried a System Restore to a date before it stopped working, but that didn't work <.<

Thanks,

BasicInfoaboutComp.jpg

I run Cable internet, and I have the same problem that the original poster described. I have 40-60GB of free space left.