Computer clock running fast?

X_Awesome_X

For some reason my computer clock has been running fast. Few days ago I noticed it was wrong and reset to the right time, but now it's wrong again it's really 5:57 am but my computer clock says 6:34 am. Any ideas on why its doing this and how to fix?

I am running windows XP.

Hmm, that's odd. Does it spped up progressivly (like, 1 minute every 24 hours) or did it happen all at once? Go to the time and date thing and check if it's synchronising with an internet server. If it is, turn it off, if it isn't, turn it on.

Also, did you recently replace the battery in your motherboard?

Also, did you recently replace the battery in your motherboard?

lmao

lol omg thats funny anyway it seems odd that this happens only thought that could happen on windup clock and such. Ive seen it in my magizine pcworld and here is a link to the arcticle http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,65154,00.asp

hope it helps

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

Soundt like you have alot fun with SUN java :wink:

Try check then you clock running 3x faster, I think it's then you play RS.

Check clock before you start play RS and play for an hour or 2.

Do they same again but just leave the computer alone. after that you properly know if it the sun java.

These 3x problems have been registreted even on brand new computers with sun java.

- In games you movement are like 1 step - stop - 1 step etc, often followed by lag in game.

- Fan in computer run at full speed and sounds like a airplane just going to land in you bag yard.

- Time running 3x times faster and start running normal as soon you close the program.

Soundt like you have alot fun with SUN java :wink:

Try check then you clock running 3x faster, I think it's then you play RS.

Check clock before you start play RS and play for an hour or 2.

Do they same again but just leave the computer alone. after that you properly know if it the sun java.

These 3x problems have been registreted even on brand new computers with sun java.

- In games you movement are like 1 step - stop - 1 step etc, often followed by lag in game.

- Fan in computer run at full speed and sounds like a airplane just going to land in you back yard.

- Time running 3x times faster and start running normal as soon you close the program.

Lol, nice... I would have to agree with him, I had the same problem and it was thanks to SUN Java

Yes, I use ms java then I play RS, how to switch around java version you can read how in sticky.

To use ms java you first have to install. 3805 then 3808 and last update is 3810. A site that have been up since 2002 with ms java and I have followed since SP2 to xp was realesed is http://virtualmachine.no-ip.info

I don't want to go into discussion about what version of java is most secure, but just give you a example.

"It is interesting that MS/JVM is mentioned as being insecure compared to the SUN offering. Some banks and finance company that doing currency trading only allow their software to run using the MS Java variant. Their opinion is that the SUN version is too easily compromised in comparison."

After reading over 1000 posts on sun java forum I haven't find any solution, why this happens on allot of computers. The same about sun java not should be magnet for virus. The sun forum is fill with sun java getting virus too

Yes, I use ms java then I play RS, how to switch around java version you can read how in sticky.

To use ms java you first have to install. 3805 then 3808 and last update is 3810. A site that have been up since 2002 with ms java and I have followed since SP2 to xp was realesed is http://virtualmachine.no-ip.info

I don't want to go into discussion about what version of java is most secure, but just give you a example.

"It is interesting that MS/JVM is mentioned as being insecure compared to the SUN offering. Some banks and finance company that doing currency trading only allow their software to run using the MS Java variant. Their opinion is that the SUN version is too easily compromised in comparison."

After reading over 1000 posts on sun java forum I haven't find any solution, why this happens on allot of computers. The same about sun java not should be magnet for virus. The sun forum is fill with sun java getting virus too

Someone said it has something to do with updating BIOS, however I can't be certain because I have my BIOS updated, but no longer have SUN java :wink: