buying a new graphics card

slayerspud

well i am getting a new pc with 3.2ghz 1gig of ram and i need to know a good grphics card. can anyone recomend me a good graphics card for playing half life 2 and dom 3 with?( a grphis card whch is ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã400 or less plz)

Well since you are saying you have quite a bit to spend on a graphics card, I would go with something like the ATI Radeon x700 - 800 series card. Some of the top cards on the market, will get you through any game with no problems at all :wink:

signaturecj5.jpg

400 pounds? Dude you can get pretty much any gaming graphics card for that.

Including top-of-the-line cards Radeon X850XT PE or GeForce 6800 Ultra.

I even think that would be enough to buy 2 GF6800GT's and connect them in SLI (which would outperform any single card mentioned above).

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

Getting the best card is a no-brainer, since it's usually the most expensive one.

I would however stay away from the 850XT PE and 6800Ultra, because they aren't worth extra cost. Instead, go for one of the following:

Radeon x800XL

Geforce 6800GT

The first is ~$300 or so and the second is ~$400 something. Both are great cards and worth the cost. These aren't the fastest cards, but they are among the top-range cards.

Getting the best card is a no-brainer, since it's usually the most expensive one.

I would however stay away from the 850XT PE and 6800Ultra, because they aren't worth extra cost. Instead, go for one of the following:

Radeon x800XL

Geforce 6800GT

The first is ~$300 or so and the second is ~$400 something. Both are great cards and worth the cost. These aren't the fastest cards, but they are among the top-range cards.

I'd strongly recommend going for X800XT if you go for a high-end Radeon card. The difference in performance is quite noticable between XT and XL (about 1:1 ratio with difference in price).

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?