fighting fire with fire, RWT

skitzglass2

Also posted this in RSOF, but figured I'd get a more 'upmarket' response here:

Fighting the RWT and gold farmers seems to be Jagex's no.1 priority. Yet to me it is going about it in a very negative way, trying to stop this and that etc. Prehaps a more positive alternative can be found. Has Jagex ever considered bots of its own? Police bots that roam the likely bot areas and can auto report or some such other mechanism to hunt them down and rid us of the bots. They could be made to look like police and have NPC qualities that us law abiding player can interract with.

Im sorry that I don't have the technical mind with which to develope the idea further, I will have to leave that to Jagex's programmers, but prehaps the idea of this positive outlook on the problem will be more appealing that the prospect of removing or nefing large parts of the game.

Thats basically what they already have, just that its not visible "bots." They have constant programs to detect actions (mostly repetitive ones) that make like bot movements.

I think this is also on the list of not to suggests.

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Thats basically what they already have, just that its not visible "bots." They have constant programs to detect actions (mostly repetitive ones) that make like bot movements.

I think this is also on the list of not to suggests.

~Ddaanniiellh

That's basically it. However, bots are almost invisible to a program nowadays. Apparently if the program detects it, it increases the chances of a random event. It may not be true, but that's what I heard.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

theres many threads about changing the GE and such, yet has Jagex ever listened to anyone's suggestions (and i mean GOOD suggestions that have been around for a long time) but the GE is flawed, and Jagex probably won't do anything about it.

As i've said before though, the Game is not the true problem. Its detecting the rule-breakers thats causing Jagex to ruin the game for others.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg