Getting "chipped" in the future?

Defender2516

Chips like this have been created for government use. Why are they so eager to implant them in babies? Because they can provide anyone with a huge wealth of personal information, and with the included GPS, can track any person with a chip anywhere in the world. In this way, the government can single out any individuals that seem to not fit the status quo, and simply 'remove' them from society.
Explain to me how the same cannot be done by tracking credit card usage or cell phone data, or tell me you never use either, EVER, because you don't like the exposure it creates for you.

In which case I would once again have to point out we're on the internet, everything we type passes by the Echelon programme and the deathsquad is alread en route to your location, so you're screwed anyway.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Chips like this have been created for government use. Why are they so eager to implant them in babies? Because they can provide anyone with a huge wealth of personal information, and with the included GPS, can track any person with a chip anywhere in the world. In this way, the government can single out any individuals that seem to not fit the status quo, and simply 'remove' them from society.
Explain to me how the same cannot be done by tracking credit card usage or cell phone data, or tell me you never use either, EVER, because you don't like the exposure it creates for you.

In which case I would once again have to point out we're on the internet, everything we type passes by the Echelon programme and the deathsquad is alread en route to your location, so you're screwed anyway.

It's a tad different because those things are not always active. You can use a credit card at Wal-mart, and in 5 minutes, you can be at a friends house and no one would know where you went after Wal-mart.

Similarly, a cell phone is not always on, and you're not always talking on it, so it cannot create the ping needed to link to cell-phone towers. Or perhaps you don't even have your cell phone on your persons...Say, it is at home, and you are in a different state!

This chip, however, would be able to track you at all times. Anywhere. it would be in your body, so you'd have no choice BUT to take it with you.

It's a tad different because those things are not always active. You can use a credit card at Wal-mart, and in 5 minutes, you can be at a friends house and no one would know where you went after Wal-mart.
Traffic cameras.

Similarly, a cell phone is not always on, and you're not always talking on it, so it cannot create the ping needed to link to cell-phone towers. Or perhaps you don't even have your cell phone on your persons...Say, it is at home, and you are in a different state!

This chip, however, would be able to track you at all times. Anywhere. it would be in your body, so you'd have no choice BUT to take it with you.

I refer back to my first question about how often people leave their houses without their cellphone, and as long as your cellphone is on, it can be contacted.

But the point isn't that it's impossible to eliminate some traces of your presence, the point is that unless you expend a considerable amount of energy to do it, the wonders of modern technology can already track you as effeciently as with any RFID chip with a GPS function, but no one's all up on arms about that. And the GPS function could easily not be implemented except as, say, a way to keep track of criminals on parole/probation, and just stick to identification and medical uses for regular citzens. And again, this should of course be completely voluntary, but the considering the benefits, I don't see how or why anyone would forgo one.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

People would likely forgo getting one because it sounds a lot like what the Bible warned you NOT to take when it was offered.

Right now, they are voluntary and given as a means of tracking kidnapped/lost children and things like that. Later on this technology could easily be used to make a cashless society, hence, if you do not have one, you cannot buy nor sell, as the Bible says. It's no secret to anyone that a cashless society has been talked about and stressed many-a-time. It removed the need to constantly print and mint money in physical form, which is desirable for governments, and not having to carry said money is desirable for the people.

You can go on and on about how it is possible to track you with today's technology, but the fact stands that a chip that would be both for tracking you AND for monetary usage would be far more effective and useful. Who knows? We may not even be informed that it CAN track us!

Either way, I'd never take it, just 'cause of what the Bible says. I don't believe in coincidences. :P

They are being use in the new passports that American's need to get into and out of the country, yes even into. In Fact starting January 31, 2008 having the passport will not be good anothe for American's to get back into the United States. You will need to have ID and a copy of your birth certificate. Also starting in 2009 thank's to the real ID Act, new ID's will have RFID Chips in them, thow few states have rejected the Real ID Act.

Also becuse of the Real ID Act your going to have to have an ID under it to enter any federal building, travel on trains, buses and planes. IF you live in any of the States that have rejected the Real ID Act, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington and Maine.

your going to need to get a domestic Passport to do any of that.