The Infamous Update - A Different Stance on the Subject

Teenage_God

Ever since the updates have come out I have been thinking it through over, and over in my head, and I simply can't get around this. So here is my little rant thing, read it, enjoy it, agree with it, I don't care; it's just nice.

Disclaimer: I have thought as I typed and therefore this may not make as much sense as I hope it would. I am revising it.

Most people talk about the wildy being ruined, well there are many simple ways to solve that without letting the RWTs get through and abuse it. Many of which have been said and therefore I am not going to repeat them. It's ruined, but fixable and I'm hopeful that Jagex will eventually fix it.

What bothers me is Runescape from an economical stance. If we are all using the GE then few to no one is going to pay the high price are they? When it is just so easy to pay low for items. You put in your offer and train till you get them, it's not hard. The only way I can really see peole paying high is if they are extremely desperate, because 9/10 times there will be the item being sold at the average.

With this said, this means that the economy will slowly deflate for common items which people use such as Yews, Armor, Fish etc. And because of this update merchanters cannot merchant for much longer, so they are then having to turn to skills, which will then mean there is more stock of the object and less demand, which again causes deflation. (The more supply and less demand causes deflation.)

And then there is the Rare items. They will become non-existent I expect. They will either decrease massively or they will inflate far, far above the achievements of any player who is not already accompanied with one.

So this update stopping unbalanced trades has effectively caused:

- Common items to be the only source of money.

- Common items to be deflated.

- Merchanters to quit or turn to skills, then deflate the items even more.

- Rare items to become inaccesible.

So Jagex has actually ruined the Runescape economy and taken away supply and demand. 100k Abby Whips, and 1 Mil D Chains coupled alongside 20 Billion for a Yellow Party Hat; doesn't sound desirable to me.

Just thought I would take another stance on the subject other than the usual "Jagex ruined my wildy!!". It will get fixed, you just need hope. :)

By 'common' items I mean any item that is traded tens-of-thousand times a day.

Oh --- And I agree with the update.

Except Bounty Hunter needs to be changed subtly, and the unblanced trades to be modified to a lot more difference allowed; I would personally make it 50k as I think that is just enough to keep normal merchants happy and also keep away the RWTs as it will be so much of a fuss to trade it all over. Obviously there would be other restrictions in place on this trade thing. I can't really be bothered to type my idea up fully at the minute, so I will later.

P2P Player.

F2P PKer.

What bothers me is Runescape from an economical stance. If we are all using the GE then few to no one is going to pay the high price are they? When it is just so easy to pay low for items. You put in your offer and train till you get them, it's not hard. The only way I can really see peole paying high is if they are extremely desperate, because 9/10 times there will be the item being sold at the average.

This seems to be the core of your argument, and it doesn't make any sense. Sellers are just as free to put up their items at the high price and go train as buyers are to offer at the low price and go train. The reason prices have been falling, is that people cleared out their banks and put everything in the GE. Case closed.

This seems to be the core of your argument, and it doesn't make any sense. Sellers are just as free to put up their items at the high price and go train as buyers are to offer at the low price and go train. The reason prices have been falling, is that people cleared out their banks and put everything in the GE. Case closed.

However an increase in supply would mean that sellers will not be able to sell at the high price, at all, because there will be so many sellers offering less and not enough buyers buying at the high price because they can get it for less. Which will then cause deflation.

Where as the buyers can buy at the low price because there are sellers there; so they wont buy at the high price.

P2P Player.

F2P PKer.

Oh --- And I agree with the update.

Except Bounty Hunter needs to be changed subtly, and the unblanced trades to be modified to a lot more difference allowed; I would personally make it 50k as I think that is just enough to keep normal merchants happy and also keep away the RWTs as it will be so much of a fuss to trade it all over. Obviously there would be other restrictions in place on this trade thing. I can't really be bothered to type my idea up fully at the minute, so I will later.

Subtly??? Are you out of your mind?? Bounty hunter and the "new" wild are riddled with problems and inconsistencies! Even with 50k Jagex would still control the prices.. Communism just doesn't mix well in a supposedly open-ended RPG..

Things wrong with Bounty Hunter-

1.Level differences. a lvl 3 paired with a lvl 55 isn't fair, sorry

2.Needs to be non-multi combat

3. Space. It is basically a gray, dead pen.. wow nice creativity Jagex. :roll:

4. Praying. Protect Prayer must NOT be allowed!

5. Automatic skulling= terrible idea.

6. How are monk's robes "not a combat related" item?

7.Looters. Bounty hunter is basically a hang out for looting scum, Edgeville/Varrok wild compressed into a small pen-area.

There's more, I just can't think of everything right now..

Things wrong with the wildy-

1.Space. What's the point of having all that space in the wildy now?

2. Reverants.-

a.Freezing and poisoning in F2p? Are you kidding me, Jagex?

b.No anti-poisons in F2p. ^Lol?

c.Kindly explain to me how a lvl 20 ghosts can hit 15's. I have never

seen a lvl 20 pure do this..

d. No level cap. A lvl 80 reverant can hurt a lvl 30 player in 30 wild??

How the hell is that fair?

3. Abyss Runecrafting. Sorry runecrafters, but without the abyss pkers, you're nature prices are falling.. There's practically a queue line set up in from of the Zammarok mage! :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

However an increase in supply would mean that sellers will not be able to sell at the high price, at all, because there will be so many sellers offering less and not enough buyers buying at the high price because they can get it for less.

Right, that's exactly what I said, price decreases are being caused by an increase in supply not a feature of the GE.

Which will then cause deflation.

It's not accurate to call any price decrease "deflation". These price changes are a result of changes in the supply of certain goods, and are not deflation. Items that weren't in massive oversupply, like barrows sets and yew logs, have actually seen price increases.

As you can see, your entire post is rendered moot as the central tenet is flawed. Better luck next time.

Hmm, this is what I think:

Needs to be non-multi combat

Will be removed in the future update (aww yea)

Praying. Protect Prayer must NOT be allowed!

It' s the only thing why I trained prayer, so I think it can be allowed. No prayer battles are normally in the duel arena. Also, think about all those 1 item fighters who pray protect item. Those guys would really rant.

Automatic skulling= terrible idea

True, I had a tactic that I never skulled, it saved me countless rune items.

BUT then we would have 4 item pures, praying protect item (legs, body, kite and weapon = food and an amulet)

How are monk's robes "not a combat related" item?

Pures with 1 defence do use it, yet monks aren' t real fighters so I think that' s what they mean. But JAGeX could introtuce batlle monks and warior robes.

Space. It is basically a gray, dead pen.. wow nice creativity Jagex.

Think they want to imitate that cap over a sleeping volcano, it is just a flat grey surface.

I don' t have much of a comment on the first post though. But raw material are being sold at the minimum, rune stuff I think is being sold at the average/maximum. I know for a fact god and trimmed rune is sold at the max price only.

Hmm, deflate to raw materials and combat stuff... I think it' s allready like this, and I think it was from the start.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Look around you, this is hardly a "different stance", you're just one of many people who are all telling everyone to stop complaining about the update.

With this said, this means that the economy will slowly deflate for common items which people use such as Yews, Armor, Fish etc. And because of this update merchanters cannot merchant for much longer, so they are then having to turn to skills, which will then mean there is more stock of the object and less demand, which again causes deflation. (The more supply and less demand causes deflation.)

Incorrect. Deflation has to do with the money supply. Also, merchants operated on both extremes. They didn't just sell stuff for a high price but they also bought stuff for a low price. Since they worked with BOTH extremes, having them disappear is going to have a smaller effect.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

2.Needs to be non-multi combat

I agree that something must be done about all the clanning and teaming, considering the tiny space we are given to fight.

4. Praying. Protect Prayer must NOT be allowed!

I disagree completely, prayer is a part of the combat level, and therefore is supposed to add to the strength of the bearer. Otherwise, someone with all combat skills lvl 80 and 80 prayer would be the same combat as someone with matching combat skills but lvl 1 prayer. Prayer must remain a part of PvP.

5. Automatic skulling= terrible idea.

I disagree also, this is simply to ensure everyone in the crater is a willing pker, and also makes it more interesting to players wishing to make a profit out of pking.

6. How are monk's robes "not a combat related" item?

I agree, I couldn't bring I believe it was a wizard hat, which added a bonus to my magic attack. There definitely are some tweaks there than need to be taken care of.

But yes, overall I do agree Bounty Hunter needs several changes, but I have no doubt Jagex will rectify those fairly soon, especially after removing Wild PvP, they definitely need to do everything they can to please ex-PKers.

grammar2gr8dx.png

Noob.

Lets get some things straight, RC pking is BAD, therefore you deserve to get FLAMED. Bad kills, they are defenseless people. It's like attacking a woodcutter for a yew log...