New computer .o. +Help Please.

jiraiya19

Today, I have received an HP Pavillion.

It has vista.

Anyone else use vista and can give me some pointers? It doesn't seem drastically different from XP, but what I specifically need is some sort of software like PeerGaurdian 2. It, unfortunately, does not support vista :[.

Any help would be very appreciated.

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

I would buy a copy of XP or use an existing one and set up a dual-boot system. Here's a tutorial I found with Google that looks pretty easy.

http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

Or use software such as Microsoft's Virtual PC to emulate an earlier system.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/produc ... rview.mspx

Unfortunately, both of those require a copy of an older version of Windows. But that's the easiest option in my opinion. :|

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

I would buy a copy of XP or use an existing one and set up a dual-boot system. Here's a tutorial I found with Google that looks pretty easy.

http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

Or use software such as Microsoft's Virtual PC to emulate an earlier system.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/produc ... rview.mspx

Unfortunately, both of those require a copy of an older version of Windows. But that's the easiest option in my opinion. :|

Alright, I'll try that later.

Thanks

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

Man, so helpful... first sight of a problem and both of you tell him to jump ship back to XP. :roll:

Anyways, I've tried doing a google search for a vista based program but I'm not sure what exactly it does. Is it just an IP blocker, or does it have a different use? I'm almost positive there should be some sort of software like it out there, I just can't really find it because I don't know about this one.

Man, so helpful... first sight of a problem and both of you tell him to jump ship back to XP. :roll:

Anyways, I've tried doing a google search for a vista based program but I'm not sure what exactly it does. Is it just an IP blocker, or does it have a different use? I'm almost positive there should be some sort of software like it out there, I just can't really find it because I don't know about this one.

Yea, it's just an IP blocker.

Don't worry, I'm not giving up on vista just yet : P

It would seem pretty unreasonable just to go back to XP right away..

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

Hmm... I could have sworn you could block IP's using windows own firewall software, or any kind of firewall. Perhaps I am mistaken?

Do you actually manually put IP's in it for this or is it a filter that doesn't allow people on certain sites (adult sites and such)?

Hmm... I could have sworn you could block IP's using windows own firewall software, or any kind of firewall. Perhaps I am mistaken?

Do you actually manually put IP's in it for this or is it a filter that doesn't allow people on certain sites (adult sites and such)?

You can use the firewall, but I do perfer peer gaurdian.

Oh, it allows you on sites,

It just blocks specific IP's for specific things ;).

http://www.phoenixlabs.org

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png