Monstrously Hard Mini-Game Idea

cyrlandir

I just thought this was a rather cool idea.....

The mini game is just one monster,but it's the strongest ever,higher than Jad.I don't know what the "limit" is for soloing,but with summoning it should be significantly higher than 702.Obviously the objective is to kill the monster,the twist is that this is NOT a safe mini-game."Aha",I hear you cry,"well who's going to want to play that?" Well,a lot of people actually,because the reward if you beat said monster is huge.We can assume that a majority of players would die,and all that they had on them would be forfeit and would become the reward for the next player to win.This could potentially be tens of sets of barrows,or similar.I don't know if a winner would get everything or as much as he/she could carry,perhaps it could be sent straight to your bank,or even put on the GE for you,similar to the proposed LootShare system.

But I think that the potential gains would tempt a lot of people and you'd have to gear up properly to have a hope,so it should become a "self-feeding" cycle.Obviously to start off with there'd have to be a prize put there by jagex.

Any thoughts? Is it a good idea or have I lost the plot?

(I should point out that if it did ever happen it would be waaaaaay out of my league!)

Hmm this souds like a good idea. Hmm i could see it now...someone going.

"OMG i just killed that monster and i got 5 sets of guthan and 8 sets of full dragon" :shock:

I supoort it

-Support-

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Here's a thought:

Could people retreat? Because if they could leave the area when they were about to die, they would. Hence there would be no reward...

good point :-k if it is like jad maybe you can leave bwetween rounds

=D> very good i support but make it like jad that will make disapear the looters =D>

xyc_unit.png

xyc_unit.png

It would just be in a room/cage/cavern on its own,but it would be sealed off so you couldn't just wander in.As it's a mini-game I think it would be like Jad where you're in your own personal version,of which there could be several running at any one time.When you die your items would be stored indefinately,not left lying around and you would have to defeat the monster to access them.And I think you would have to make it no retreating.

Just out of interest can anyone estimate what the highest level it could plausibly be is?

Perhaps if you were skulled automaticaly and if one were to die his items would be sent to a chest that could be opened by talking to a NPC after killing the monster.

As to the actual monster it would have to have the same hit points as Jad due to restrictions in the coding, I spose it could be 512 but I don't wanna get too technical.

But anyway this seems like a good idea, Jagex would have to give a hefty reward for the first player ie 100m.

spoonology.png

I like the idea of the monster taking your items if you die. How about we take it one step further, and that it takes dropped weapons occasionally to use a special attack? Barrows armour effects could also be used...

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I like the idea of the monster taking your items if you die. How about we take it one step further, and that it takes dropped weapons occasionally to use a special attack? Barrows armour effects could also be used...

I like that,but if you want to be really crazy then why not have the monster use its acid dripping maw to fuse several random weapons together,and this is what it wields.Godsword/Dragon Scimitar/Abyssal Whip anyone?

You could average the stats of its component parts so that each combi-weapon is unique and this would be one of the drops.Depending on the combination it could be almost useless or a complete monster!!

Is that just a little too crazy?

Maybe its just 1 monster, 1 round, 1 cave. Run in and either a) kill it or B) die and lose stuff.

Sounds like fun, though only the best of the best would be able to actually win. BUT, how will it work? Jad is defeated thru prayer, but what will be the defense against this thing?

How about, instead of a monster, it's a rogue General from one of the god's armies.

It would make it much easier to explain and show his amazing power, and would give a little reality to him using the armor and weapons he steals off of other players.

Here's how I see it happening:

1. General kills player A, players B-D retreat and stop attacking. Player A becomes a shallow grave instead of a tombstone.

1.5: General becomes unattackable at this point

2. General picks up and examines Player A's items. Through comparison of Grand Exchange prices and item statistics compared to his current armor and weapons, he could grab any armor that is better than his current (player dies with dragon boots, General takes them) and equips them.

3. The rest of the items, he throws in the large furnace behind him.

3.5: The General beckons on the next group. He is now attackable again, but stronger.

It should be mentioned that the armor has the same stat effects on the General that it would on the player. The General will keep barrows items unequipped until he has a full set, or until he dies and loses them. Killing the General will cause him to lose everything that he has accumulated, his current wealth would be displayed obviously as what his avatar is wearing.

The server resetting will cause the General to lose his items and turn back to normal. As this would go on on all the servers (p2p at least), there would be many variations of the General, leading players to set up strategies of which servers have the best Generals to fight at the time, both in least difficult to most profitable.

With this idea, it would still be close to impossible to use for RWT because you still have to go through the process of actually killing the General in the first place to get the items. The General also has no need for cash and will dispose of it in the aforementioned furnace.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png