JAGeX and RWT (AND YOU)

Robert_de_Sable

Well, as you probably know, today RuneScape eliminated unbalanced trading. This sounds all well and good at first, and I, as well as [i presume] many others, thought ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅOhÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ sweet! No more bots!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

[English translation needed]

And those poor people are supervised and paid by factory owners in Asia, who are making massive profits off stolen credit cards while ruining our game. Also, though we think that the small amount of money that they are paid is horrible, its is worth far more in Asia, and is not as bad a job as working in real factories or in coal mines, which are a major labour attaraction in China.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I just thought I'd let you know that your name is incredibly annoying. It stretches out the "Author" column and is annoying to look at.

But you're saying that just because a "few lines of code" were implemented incorrectly that JaGEx is ultimately headed for the dumps? That's a load of rubbish.. it was merely a mistake, easily fixed.

And you're asking why didn't they do this earlier? Think of it like this. You are a prison warden. You know that at some point, your prisoners are going to riot. You know that you can, at any time, kill all of your prisoners to stop/prevent rioting. It's that simple. But why didn't you do it months, even years ago? Because that is a drastic implementation. There are other less drastic, lower impact ways of dealing with the prisoners. Killing them, or effectively "adding those few lines of code", is a last resort method.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

You do make a good point. However, I said nothing about RuneScape "heading towards the dumps" or whatever you said. But RuneScape is a game and should not be like a prison. And as for my name, I don't have much to say to you except.... erm... tough crap.

Oh yeah, your sig stretches out the page so that I can't go down to the bottom without holding down the down key. Fix it and I'll change my name.

[English translation needed]

I know that it shouldn't be like a prison; I didn't say it should. I was using an analogy. The trade limit was the last attempt, the most drastic. All their attempts to smite RWTers up to this point hadn't worked as efficiently as they planned, so something had to be done. They couldn't let their efforts go in vain. The cap was implemented as their last resort to kill off the majority of RWTers.

Oh yeah, your sig stretches out the page so that I can't go down to the bottom without holding down the down key. Fix it and I'll change my name.

Are you talking about me? My sig is 450x150.. Your computer must have had some loading problems.. it's happened to me before. Reload the page and look again.

demonslayer2.png

In case you forgot the rules on this board, I post them for you.

SECTION 3 - TERMS OF SERVICE

The Code of Conduct applies to both public and private messages. Users authorize the Administrator to make use of any concepts, opinions, or other creative materials posted on the forum boards without compensation or other recourse.

In case you forgot the rules on this board, I post them for you.

SECTION 3 - TERMS OF SERVICE

The Code of Conduct applies to both public and private messages. Users authorize the Administrator to make use of any concepts, opinions, or other creative materials posted on the forum boards without compensation or other recourse.

Stay on topic.. that's really irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Everybody makes mistakes by the way..

demonslayer2.png