MMORPG's - The drugs of today?

KRT_Set

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah. You and your resistant audience. You win.

Though I still believe my point stands :)

Thank you. Good to know we finally won.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I'm sorry but I've never heard of anyone getting addicted to sport
This was posted way back on the first page and just caught my eye it was posted by pip. I don't see how you can say that. The amount of torture and pain that professional athletes put their bodies through day in and day out, the ones who truely love the sport and find it almost impossible to walk away. I would say they are addicted to that feeling that playing the sport they love gives them. They even admit it in interviews how theres nothing like that "high' they get when they step on the field.

Ok, following some advice from pip to once again vist these forums (used to play rs a bit, no where near as much as his 40 odd hour stight sessions :D ) and, well, why would you want play a MMORPG? The amount of time that you have to invest in these things just to get started, let alone maintain your dominance is just not worth it, esspecially if you are at high school going for your OP score, or uni. At these points in your life (i'm asuming that the majority here now fit into these categories, i have read the rest of the off-topic) you should be focusing on education, and even if your not, once you do stop playing you realise that you have NO, ZIP, ZERO friends you can call up to go and do something with. You may have allready covered this, but i don't have the time nor the patince neede to read 9 pages, so the firsat few was good enough for me :wink:

Once you stop, and you will stop, you realise damn i have wasted my life :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

and you could end up like me, a sad sad boy that has, and continues to wonder why the bloody hell i am here, and what the hell am i surposed to do in life, is it all worth it, we are all going to die anyway? You want those thoughts going through your head everyday? I could have used that time playing RS to get smarter, mad real friends, now all i have is a keyboard and a mouse. They are nice though, microsoft keyboard and logitech MX-500.