Display properties problem

highlanders

I'm installing a new computer, and there is a problem with the display properties. Basically, the color wont go any higher than 8 colors, the screen is set at 600 x 800 and wont bulge either. It is a computer with XP and a good monitor so it can go much higher than that. I've tried to do what windows troubleshooting says to do, but the computer does not let me update the new monitor pilot, atleast not in the way explained. The video card is good enough to display much better than that, atleast it should, since it displays applications like internet explorer perfectly. Do you know how to fix this problem?

2480+ total

Sounds to me like it's, more or less, a driver problem. Figure out what type of graphics card it is, and then raid the manufacturer's site for downloads.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Sounds to me like it's, more or less, a driver problem. Figure out what type of graphics card it is, and then raid the manufacturer's site for downloads.

That's exactly what it is. Get some display drivers and you should be sorted.