Prototypes

Omali

this is all very true, but i doubt the bob the cat thing will be used because all npcs can move all around the map, jagex just has put "invisible" fences that stop them from moving from their area

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

You can't trade it with charges. It has to be emptied first.

I'd bet all the gold in my bank that the charges are tied to your account, similar to barrows degradation.

Actually for this item, it's tied to the item. Or maybe it's to your account, but then you still can't trade it if you have any charges.

I tried trading a DFS I had with 13 charges and it wouldn't let me. Same thing happens at any other number of charges (I just like 13).

What do you mean by Barrows degradation? Like trading armor pieces that are half used?

icecube7.jpeg

You can't trade it with charges. It has to be emptied first.

I'd bet all the gold in my bank that the charges are tied to your account, similar to barrows degradation.

Actually for this item, it's tied to the item. Or maybe it's to your account, but then you still can't trade it if you have any charges.

I tried trading a DFS I had with 13 charges and it wouldn't let me. Same thing happens at any other number of charges (I just like 13).

What do you mean by Barrows degradation? Like trading armor pieces that are half used?

Indeed. Barrows degradation is tied through the item to your account. If it was tied to the armor, you'd have to put over 100 different versions of the same item in the game, to accommodate for every single integer that changes. By having it in the account, however, it makes it impossible to keep it tagged onto the item, so Jagex just created 100 and 0 as static versions and made those tradeable.

The Dragonfire shield is the same, in that case it's making up for having to create a different shield for every charge, yet again makes the item untradeable.

Generating an integer on an account file is much less time consuming and takes up less space than having a hundred or so versions of a single item.

Stackable items are coded as:

ItemID Quantity

Items like Barrows would be coded as

ItemID StatusX (Where Status X refers directly to a line in the player's file)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png