Varrock Achievement Diary/Smithing

I have noticed, and cannot find information of this anywhere on the site, that if you are using the Edgeville Furnace to smelt iron with a Ring of Forging, the special effect that lets you smelt 2 bars at the same time only uses 1 charge of the ring! I don't know what the actual statistics of it are, but over a short period of time, it seemed to average out to about 10 extra bars per ring. This means that you get, I guess, about 150 charges per ring instead of 140. BONUS!

samurai_fly.png

samurai_fly.png

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute and it feels like an hour has passed. Sit with a hot girl for an hour and it only feels like a minute has passed - Ol' Al Onestone.

This is true, and helpful if you're trying to train smithing up on the cheap.

However, isn't half the beauty of those rings that the exactly equal 5 runs?

I'm not shooting ya down, I'm just being a bit discursive.

so thats what happened, i kinda thought these things where strange:

1) not to end with an invetory of bars

2) not to end with an equal amount of bars

so its treu what he says

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I'll admit that it is a bit annoying having to bank mid run, but really it doesn't cost you all that much extra time i believe, and I have been sometimes getting up to 15-20 extra bars per ring (never a full load extra though), which when you are training high level smithing saves you rings and, it could be argued, actually does save you time. My reasoning for this? Since you are occasionally smithing 2 bars at one time, you are getting the 150 (or whatever the number is) bars in about the same time you would get 140, so although you may have to do an extra run to the bank, you still should gain, or at least not lose, time.

samurai_fly.png

samurai_fly.png

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute and it feels like an hour has passed. Sit with a hot girl for an hour and it only feels like a minute has passed - Ol' Al Onestone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.