2008 Valentine's Day drop party cancelled :(

Just so you guys know, I've cancelled my 2008 Valentine's Day drop party. :(

Over the years, RuneScape players have complained that Jagex never had any events for Valentine's Day. Because of this, I decided to host my own events.

With the exception of 2004, I've organized a drop party for Valentine's Day every year since 2002. My first drop party took place on Thursday, February 14, 2002. The party was a pretty "noob-ish" one. Aside from a stack of 50k GP, I mostly dropped food and low-level junk, such as bronze legs. However, I was still a noob at the time, and 50k was worth a whole lot then, perhaps as much as 1m after inflation adjustments.

However, each year, it got better, and my 2007 parties had over 2.2m worth of loot. I hosted four separate parties (two on members, two on free worlds) so people in different time zones could participate.

But then came the item drop update. Old-fashioned drop parties, or those in which items were dropped manually, are now dead. Of course, I could use the party room, but I don't like it for several reasons:

1. Since all the items are dropped at once, the party will only last about two minutes (aside from the ten-minute wait) instead of an hour

2. I can't choose the order of the drops (can't save the best for the last). I could pull the lever several times, but it's not practical, as there will be a long wait between each drop.

3. The party room is so small and causes a lot of lag.

I posted this because many people liked my 2007 drop parties, and I promised that I would have more parties in 2008. I'm posting this as I feel that I should explain why I will not be having any drop parties this year.

Thank you for understanding.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)