TIF: An Inconvenient Truth and Our Future

Thus

everyone send silverion $1 right now

Hmm...send one dollar for a forum which will give me happiness.

I think I'll be happier with my dollar :twisted:

Would be funny if the big people in charge made a post = one page and each page has all these borders of ads :lol:

:o I've seen it done :shock:

i've never paid anything to play rs, but id sure as hell send a buck to tip.it if they needed it.

Tbh all my posts are like keys to a brighter and more humane society. It is unfortunate that some of these keys will be lost forever in the void we call fail, but I cannot say that anything you are complaining about really happens too often.

I havn't seen any one word posts or +1's or whatever for quite a while.

and there is nothing wrong with long quote 'trees' (in hide tags) when there is a good debate going on.

Zerker_jane.png

In my opinion, you are wrong. ads are based on views, not clicks, so technically, if someone were to sit at a computer for a year flipping between pages as fast as they could, they would give tipit money. However, I do not work with tipit, but from my experience with forums, the cost isn't as much of an issue as a main website. As an example, the largest board ( i believe) on the internet, 4chan, gets roughly 110000 posts a day, and that was in 2007. and the majority of those posts are very very short, and i think 4chan at the very least, breaks even.

Also, why would long posts be better? they take up more space, and thus, wouldn't it be better to have people post shorter posts? Not that i necessarily approve of that, but by your logic. Also, if someone takes 20 minutes typing a long post, they only give one or two ad views, depending if there are two ads or one, yet if in that 20 minutes someone could post 10 or so shorter posts, which give way more views.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain