Broadswords and Monster based weapons (idea)

Sledge

I was thinking about items in other games and wonder if they could be implicated into Runescape.

Broadswords:

A new one handed sword. They are like longswords but are slightly larger, smaller then a 2her but are one handed. Requires 3 bars to smith. They are slower then a longsword but faster then a battle axe. Its attack is slightly higher then a battleaxe and Strength is in between longsword and Battleaxe. Was thinking they could be members only but its possible to be f2p.

Monster based Weapons:

Im really excited about this idea. Everyone always seem to use the same weapons, drag long, scimmy or whip. This can offer diversity in training.

1. Demonbane. Its a longsword, slightly less stats then a drag long and same speed. When attacking all demons it gives stronger attacks. (like silverlight but stronger)

2. Giantslayer. Its a battleaxe. Slightly less stats then a drag Battleaxe and same speed. When attacking any form of giant it gives stronger attacks.

3. Dragonbane ( :twisted: ). Its a broadsword. Slightly less stats then what a drag broad would be and same speed. When attacking all types of dragons it gives stronger attacks. (see top for broadsword details)

4. Ogresmasher. Its a warhammer (actual use finally?). Slightly less stats then what a drag warhammer would be and same speed. When attacking all ogres it gives stronger attacks.

5. Trollsbane. Its a morning star (flail). Much less stats then the barrow flail but same speed. When attacking all trolls it give stronger attacks.

6. Werebane. Its a scimitar. Slightly less stats then the drag scimitar but same speed. When attacking all werecreatures (more were creatures besides werewolves can be added) it gives stronger attacks.

All these weapons will be p2p only. Bought from shops (price unknown but over 100k each) only and require completing a difficult quest involving the slayer skill. Stat requirements for all, 60 attack and 50 Slayer (not set in stone). Slayer it a requirement because these weapons will be usefull on specific slayer tasks and will probably never be used in wildy and overal training because their dragon corresponding weapons are stronger overal. Only when attacking their corresponding monsters will they be more effecting then dragon, being very usefull for training slayer.

What will this bring to to runescape? A use for a variety of weapons

How will this help runescape? Money drain :twisted:

Comments and suggestions?

lovinmoriog6.png

Retired Moriquendi Staff

Mori Website

Mori Forums

Mori Memberlist

you like "bane" dont you , anyway theres already wolfbane.

I really don't think we need anymore weapons right now , we just had all the barrows weapons

wolfbane only stops them from changing. werebane would do more damage.

Bane is a appropriate title and sounds cool 8)

Course these wouldnt be put into the game at this time. Need some time to settle down from all the new stuff :)

lovinmoriog6.png

Retired Moriquendi Staff

Mori Website

Mori Forums

Mori Memberlist

morning stars are not flails, they are like maces just with a longer handle and more [bleep]es. It would also make more sense for a morning star to have a bonus againts undead since undead monsters are weaker to blunt weapons. Trols wear no armor so it'd be easier to hit them with a slash weapon than a crush weapon. and the only thing to stop werewolves would be to cover up the moon or something :lol: :P

nice try tho but I doubt we really need more weapons

yea the dragonbane broad sword wouldnt work as its two handed and you need a shield to survive an upclose confrontation (sp)? and he/she would have a fried hero to eat qite soon unless you use protect from magic :lol:

My pet Boxing Tater

minimck1lg8.jpg

morning stars are not flails, they are like maces just with a longer handle and more [bleep]es. It would also make more sense for a morning star to have a bonus againts undead since undead monsters are weaker to blunt weapons. Trols wear no armor so it'd be easier to hit them with a slash weapon than a crush weapon. and the only thing to stop werewolves would be to cover up the moon or something :lol: :P

nice try tho but I doubt we really need more weapons

Actually morning stars are alot more like flails. Maces are as they are in rs, a handle with a [bleep]y ball on the end. Morning stars and flails both are handles with a ball connected by chain. not sure what makes morning stars and flails different but theyre basically the same thing. Google image search each and youll see.

Yar, was thinking of one specifically for undead but im not sure what the name could be... Undead would also have to be added to slayer list if they arnt already, im not sure.

Also thinking for the werebane, in another game I player theres a silver sabre called werebane, which is where I got the idea. Scimmy is basically a sabre. So I guess it would probly be a silver scimmy called werebane :D

yea the dragonbane broad sword wouldnt work as its two handed and you need a shield to survive an upclose confrontation (sp)? and he/she would have a fried hero to eat qite soon unless you use protect from magic :lol:

broadsword is one handed

lovinmoriog6.png

Retired Moriquendi Staff

Mori Website

Mori Forums

Mori Memberlist

I think the borad sowrd is a pretty pointless idea due to the wide variety of pre-exsisting weapons

the other idea is good but the names area bit bad and I would suggest more general ones

ie Blade Of The Undead - has gd stats blah blah blah hits more against zombies, ghosts, ghasts and all other undead creatures

Saradomin Sword - hits extra hard against imps, demons, hellhounds (basically anything of evil or zamorak)

Zamorak Shortbow - same as the above sword but for sara creatures

Giant Crossbow - hits harder on all gaints and orge based creatures

Shield Of Guthix - gives betetr defence against sara and zammy monsters

Cloak Of Flame - Gives same protection from drag fire as drag fire shield and alos lets u hit dragons harder

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I like them. I especially like the cloak of flame one. Maybe it could be used on the KBD's different type of flame attacks?

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA