barbarian rod fishing

Bunker_Boy

What's the best method of doing this? I know it's the fastest way to 99 fishing and has the bonus of strength and agility xp.

But what "techniques" should I use? Is it worth cutting the fish for 10 cooking xp each? Or should I straight up drop them? Since it defaults to using your feathers anyway, is it not worth trying to use the roe/caviar for bait? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. I mostly just want 99 fishing as quickly as possible.

wontrimmed.jpg

bunker_boy.png

I heard (haven't tried it myself) that you go there with like 27 bait and catch fish. After you've cut them, you will have infinite bait and you will be able to stay there forever.

2dvjurb.png

I started now fishing at the barbarian outpost. I was doing shilo before.

The rod method is pretty fast. Faster than shilo for sure.

The fish cuts are stackable. The caviar and roe aren't. All are fish food though. And fish cuts will be used first.

So what do I do (don't know if it is the best method)

I have a full load of fish. I knive them. I end up with fish cuts and caviar and roe. And some empty spaces.

I fish again to fill up the empty spaces. I throw away the fish cuts. And now continue to full up my inventory with fish caught on the non-stackable roe and caviar.

I end up with a full inventory of fish, minus one space (where fish cuts where).

I knive them again.

Rinse and repeat.

That seems fastest method for me.

----

afterthoughts:

Don't know if it will work if you can't fish flying sturgeon.

If you want you can "juggle" the offcuts, just incase, since it's possible to not get anything from cutting the fish. Juggling is pretty straight forward, just drop, fish for a few minutes, pickup and drop. May add alot of time if your planning on being there for hours though.

Snowjoke.png

nRs"]
The guy next to me is eating his caviar, but that seems slower than dropping the fish cuts once.

Where are you, The Ritz?? :P

Lol!

Anyway, yeah I've tried it out, he takes forever eating the caviar/roe, definitely faster to just drop offcuts.

Thanks everyone!

wontrimmed.jpg

bunker_boy.png