the one way to stop scammers!

katsuro0

in order to stop scamming in rs (which is prevalent everywhere now), I have come up with what I think is an idea that is an afront to God.

Here it is *drum roll* we get to kill the scammers :D ....everyone can attack them, but of course this can be abused so there are some requirements.

1. at least five people have to report the scammer.

2. If Jagex sees these reports, they can decide whether or not to have them be killed by others.

3. If Jagex decides to punish them, the scammer would get a black skull over his head for 24 hours of time PLAYED (not 24 hours while logged off :roll: )

4. to punish the scammer even more, the scammers inventory would be kept as it was when he committed the scam, therefore stopping him from banking his items. :D

If you detect a flaw, think its stupid :wall: , like it, or have any other comments, go ahead and post. (be nice though) :)

knightsoforderse9.png

Suppose i h8 sum1 badly, and i have over 5 friends, then we can abuse this system and kill him unfairly. If this idea was implemented, it would have to be watched very closely. So basically, if it could made so it couldnt be abused, it would be fine...and funny, to see scammers running around with everyone attacking them.

Another problem would be if a scammer realized he had been skulled, he could run to a deserted place and wait it out.

ShadowSam19.png

Well, there are some flaws in this.

The first flaw is Jagex doesn't like people getting rich "unfairly" so what happens when a high level with no money kills a scammer that scammed a phat? Thats right they become rich unfairly.

The second (not realy flaw, just something I don't like) thing is keeping that scammers in the game is stupid no matter what. You said Jagex should have to look over the reports before the "black skull" is put over them, but by that time people can easily bank their newly found wealth and it doesn't effect them. So instead of Jagex punishing scammers they just let them be able to be killed anywhere for what isn't a very long time compared to the forever it is now. ;)

Although I think it is good that you are trying to figure out ways to prevent scammers I had to point this out because you wanted people too. So don't think I am just trying to sit here all day proving people wrong :P. Also if anything I said is some what inaccurate tell me because I only read over the post once so I most likely did type something inaccurate.

well, the if the scammers got a skull, they would log in with the inventory that they had whilst scamming. although u bring up a good point with the phat situation.

knightsoforderse9.png

Well, yes the scammer is getting rich unfairly but he has to use wits to get his stuff so he is putting some effort into it. He isn't like the afk trainers(nothing against them) that have hours to just sit at monsters all day. So the people who can afk train most of the day then come along and kill the person get rich more unfairly then the scammer because he has to use wits.

Yes if the inventory was brought back that would be good but lets say a scammer has 26 sharks 10mil and a free spot. They then scam a mask and have a full inventory so they go and bank but only get 1 report for that. Then when they have more room they go and scam another thing and get another report or 2 and so on. Then what happens with all of the items, it's not like they would increase your inventory space just for the time. (You had a good point and mad me think on this one but I think I came up with something good enough to argue it, but maybe not :))

Well, yes the scammer is getting rich unfairly but he has to use wits to get his stuff so he is putting some effort into it. He isn't like the afk trainers(nothing against them) that have hours to just sit at monsters all day. So the people who can afk train most of the day then come along and kill the person get rich more unfairly then the scammer because he has to use wits.

Yes if the inventory was brought back that would be good but lets say a scammer has 26 sharks 10mil and a free spot. They then scam a mask and have a full inventory so they go and bank but only get 1 report for that. Then when they have more room they go and scam another thing and get another report or 2 and so on. Then what happens with all of the items, it's not like they would increase your inventory space just for the time. (You had a good point and mad me think on this one but I think I came up with something good enough to argue it, but maybe not :))

What if the scammer sold the item that they scammed? Then how would his inventory go back? That would mess up an innocent player that bought the item unfairly.

what if someone just accidently messed up. You recruit five friends to report them, and some innocent person gets marked. To avoid this, they should have a ban appeal, and jagex could review it. But then their's jagex getting slammed with more work than they need.

Live and Learn.

icy lemonade:

well you would need 5 reports, so after scamming five people, he would get the skull (assuming jagex sees the reports). so we would get to kill him anyway :twisted: . I'll try to think of a better solution though :lol: .

against me:

you cant put an item back in the inventory if it is not in his possesion i guess. (and once again we would still get to kill him :twisted: )

thunderg sid:

those random four people can't report a guy for something they didnt see.

knightsoforderse9.png

this idea will not work. It would make members (F2P & P2P) feel scared because there will indeed be people abusing the system. I say we just leave the scammer controlling to Jagex, and not the public

6fcc8f4a14.png

BleachBaboosmall.jpg

about that, i say once the guy gets killed in the 24 hours, all the tiems in his inventory that he traded since the scam report are teleported to the original persons bank account, whilst the stuff he didnt trade in the time from scam-death drops to ground