Computer crashes a lot after installing new ram.

Predator

I just got a new 512MB ram stick (400 mhz). After I installed it it screwed up my computer because it wouldnt turn on and I fixed that, but now almost every program I open will crash, usually not the internet, but all the games I open crash. My computer does random restarts but I think I fixed that with turning off auto-restart.

I have an AMD Athlon Processor with 896Mb ram (One 512 MB stick in the first slot, a 256mb stick in the second slot, and a 128mb stick in the third slot). I am on Windows XP.

Are you sure u put in compatable memory?

Whats the full spec of your new memory, your old memory and your motherboard please.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I just got a new 512MB ram stick (400 mhz). After I installed it it screwed up my computer because it wouldnt turn on and I fixed that, but now almost every program I open will crash, usually not the internet, but all the games I open crash. My computer does random restarts but I think I fixed that with turning off auto-restart.

I have an AMD Athlon Processor with 896Mb ram (One 512 MB stick in the first slot, a 256mb stick in the second slot, and a 128mb stick in the third slot). I am on Windows XP.

i might be wrong but if you get alot off blue screens you memory might be damiged but i would go to the pc shop to make sure they know it better then me

Any chance of those specs today. If you dont know how to get your mobo info then download the Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

It will give you detailed info on your pc which you can then tell us. Thanks.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12