Anti Programs and AVG 8.0 free edition Questions

Dire_Wolf

Alright i got 3 antiprograms, Spyware Terminator, AVG 8.0(Newly installed) and Spyboot Search and Destroy.

Heres my questions:

How should i use these programs to best possible protect my computer?

Which one should i just scan with sometimes, and which one should be on at all time?

AVG 8.0 Free editon Questions:

I downloaded it and scanned, and i found infections in file cookies, and when i clicked "Remove", it just did not do a thing. On status on 1 file it said "Healed", and rest "Moved to virus vault".....

I don't get that, shoulden't it say "Deleted" or "removed" ?

Shoulden't there be a "Immunize" addition in AVG ? I can't seem to find it...

I can't help you with how AVG works, never used it and been on Panda for the last 2-3 years.

My Panda dis-infects the trojan/virus/etc.. and anything else it's infected and then removes it. I can choose to put it into qurantine (spelling?) if i want to... But this doesn't help you so i'll shut up=)

AVG is the only program of those 3 that should be active whenever the computer is active.

Never heard of "spyware terminator", but Spybot can be set to be active (tea-timer i think it's called) or just open it when you want to get rid of stuff.

Of course, you can choose to have all three programs active, but it makes a negative impact on your performance.

What i do with my spyware programs (Ad-Aware and Spybot) is to scan the computer with them aprox. once a week (updating before scanning), and keep my AW active all time.

Hope someone with knowledge of AVG comes on!

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I was thinking to scan with AVG+Spy boot search and destroy and Leave security to Spywareterminator as it can blocked any application on my computer or on internett? Isent that good???

With your AVG, try going to history > scan results then click on your most recent scheduled scan to highlight it, then click view details, in the view details screen click on the history tab, on the bottom right should be a button saying "remove unhealed infections", click that. This should get rid of any spyware AVG has detected.

Personally I use AVG Free, in combination with SPybot S&D and Ad-Aware 2007 Free.

AVG is good, but like all Antivirus software it focuses on viruses with spy/mal/ad ware as a side focus.

Even the best antivirus software will miss ad/mal/spy ware so its best to use another program to scan for this.

Personally I would get rid of the Spyware Terminator and replace it with Ad-Aware 2007

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Personally I use AVG Free, in combination with SPybot S&D and Ad-Aware 2007 Free.

AVG is good, but like all Antivirus software it focuses on viruses with spy/mal/ad ware as a side focus.

Even the best antivirus software will miss ad/mal/spy ware so its best to use another program to scan for this.

Personally I would get rid of the Spyware Terminator and replace it with Ad-Aware 2007

Ill read a bit about AD-Adware before i install it.

As for spyware terminator= i dont find it so good, even though it seems like it.

It scans so fast, that's its to good to belive it has deteced or done its job fully.