I reposted this in Tech and Computers

sirlonewolf

How-To Guide: Taking Screenshots & Posting Images

Capture the screenshot to your clipboard:

Mac OS -> press [shift]+[Apple Key]+[3] to capture the entire screen, or [shift]+[Apple Key]+[4] and click and drag what you'd like to capture.

Windows -> Press [Print screen] to capture the entire Desktop or [Alt]+[Print Screen] to capture the active window.

For some laptops, press [FN] + [insert} to capture the screen.

Open a graphics program such as MS Paint, Paint.NET or IrfanView.

Paste the image.

Crop/resize the image to the smallest portion you need to post.

Save it as an image file to your hard drive.

Upload your file to an imaging host. Upload sites with free access that require registration:

Thank u for your time.

Hi

I did try the advice in the above quote.

I have windows vista ultimate 32bit version and wen i try and get a screenshot in full screen mode and past it in to paint i only get it all in black

i don't have a problem taken screenshots with out full screen if enybody can help please post here.

Hmmm...Sounds like there might be a problem with your computer. Try reposting this in Tech And Computers, the nice people there will sort out your problems for you. Here is the link: viewforum.php?f=45

I will report this to get moved anyway.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Hmmm...Sounds like there might be a problem with your computer. Try reposting this in Tech And Computers, the nice people there will sort out your problems for you. Here is the link: viewforum.php?f=45

I will report this to get moved anyway.

Thank u for the advice :thumbsup:

It has something to do with windows vista's aero setting. You can turn aero off, and it should make screenshots with HD available.

thanks but how do u turn it off :?