Additions to hunter! Still adding Suggestions!

snowball

Hunter additions!

This can be a suggestion, but I need your input! What would you see to improve hunter?

Hunting, as we all know, effectively stops at lvl 63 (after that, it is trained to 99 or 83 for Dragon implings.) After that, it becomes somewhat boring. So I propose some new creatures to hunt.

New Chinchompas

This is probably an idea that has be tossed abput before, so idea here are good as well.

We all know that ranging is powerful with the dark bow, but they lack anything to effect the opponent other than tipped bolts. A few more high leveled Chinchompas would enable rangers to annoy opponents as well.

[hide=Icy]Icy Chinchompas Requires. 76 hunter

EXP:600

LVL 4; Max Hit 4 (explodes at you)

Examine: Wait I have to weild these? or These will keep my hands frozen!

chinchompasicemi8.jpg

Frozen Chinchompas are pretty mean guys. Their hard bodies result in a good bit of damage on the opponent, while the icyness of them is cold to the touch. If a player or NPC is hit with one of these and it causes damage, they take a 1 seceond freeze. They can only be wielded while wearing gloves or in hot places (They can be wielded inside that hot place for DT). Also, because they are used to the cold, trolls, wolves and the like are more resistant to their freezing effects.

To catch these, one must go to very cold places. If a future cold war part II quest is released, then they could be located there. Otherwise they are found near the GWD or trollheim.

Require lvl 65 range to weild and has a max hit of 8[/hide]

[hide=Vampire]Vampire Chinchompas: Req. 87 hunter

EXP: 950

Lvl 5; Max hit 5 (explodes at you)

Examine: Highly volatile and it explodes. Gross.

chinchompasvampau7.jpg

The vampire chinchompa can steal health from an opponent just like blood spells and SGS. However, as to make them more balanced for the easy way to obtain them, they only restore ½ of the damage done, with a max hit of 6. Also to increase the difficulty to catch them, they will be located in Morytania, inside of both the haunted woods (south of fairy ring) and the Mort Myre Swamp (near nature spirt).

Require level 70 range to weild

Im torn weather these should be weaker and hit multiple targets, or stronger and hit one.[/hide]

[hide=Plague Chinchompas]Plague Chinchompas: Req. 92 hunting

EXP: 1050

Lvl 5; Max hit 2 with 5 disease

Examine: I think it is leaking

The diseased Chinchompa is the Most powerful and dangerous kebbit to hunt, for they have moved in on the ceremonial Jigjig grounds! It seems the carnivorous ones decided to nibble on zogres and what do you know, hey catch disease too! I decided to overpower this chinchompa, but make them difficult to get, and ineffective to train on or with.

These Chinchompas happen to be surrounded by zogres and skogres in a that will give you disease multicombat area. That bracelet of inoculation will come in handy now wont it? To weild these, one must be wearing fever gloves to protect oneself from disease. The disease starts at 8 and weakens over time, although by then the enemy will likely be dead. Hitting someone with it also can cause up to 20 damage

To wield, the requirements are: Complete Zogre Flesh Eaters, Have 42 slayer, 96 hunting (yes, to weild them, one needs to hunt them) and 85 range.[/hide]

Bow Hunting (requires completion of Big Chompy Bird Hunting)

Bow hunting is already in the game, but as a part of ranging. Doing this would make them give ranged and hunter EXP

Chompy and Jubbly

Not sure how jubbly works, but when you hunt these, you get range and hunter EXP. Require lvl 1 hunter and appropriate quests to kill. Both give 10 hunter EXP.

[hide=Deer]Deer (woodland hunting, new area to the west; or at fairy ring BKQ)

Hunting deer will require you to buy a baby deer call. These can be upgraded to the higher levels by talking to the owner of a hunting store. When you call the deer. Wait a while. Soon, a deer will appear. You can only shoot your own deer, and so no one is confused, an arrow is above the deer for the first few seconds. When you fire at the deer, it will either run or attack. Whichever it does is random, however, higher leveled deer tend to attack more. Deer can move faster than your ogre bow fires and faster than you can jump so you may have to chase them.

If the deer is too smart for you, pitfalls can help. The pitfall also works on deer, but the likeliness of them falling into one is relatively low

Baby deer: Lvl 30 hunter

Combat level 10; max hit 2

Runs 90% of the time

EXP for hunting: 120

Drops: Deer meat (heals 4; req. 10 cooking)

Young deer: Lvl 50 hunter

Combat level 40; max hit 6

Runs 70% of the time

EXP for hunting: 300

Drops: Deer meat (heals 8; req. 20 cooking )

Doe: Lvl 70 hunter

Combat level 80; max hit 9

Runs 60% of the time

EXP for hunting: 600

Drops: Deer meat (heals 11; req. 32 cooking)

Stag: Lvl 90 hunter

Combat level 100; max hit 14

Runs 40% of the time

EXP for hunting: 1500

Drops: Deer meat (heals 15; requires 45 cooking), stag horns

The horns can be used in your house to display or on your head (with help of varrock clothing dude).[/hide]

I had some more ideas, but I completely forgot them (haha) So any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Suggestions:

how about javelin hunting. would give em a use. You hunt a large game animal, or something mythical, in a minigame where only javelins are allowed, and throw them and if you hit, 1 hit kill, if you miss, it attacks and you might it off with javs ( no loot).

Maybe we can place it somewhere in karjama? Spears or javelin hunting seems like something natives would do there. Maybe as a way to help the animal not see you you can wear Grahk or a brodo sheild? We could also hunt or fish in the water with spears.

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Decent ideas...however with the chinchompas, you need to clarify a little more on the details...

With Icy Chins:

When you say hit 5 times in a row, do you mean simply, hit, regardless of damage, or hit with damage 5x?

Also, what is the max hit? Also, any advantage of using one against a specific type of creature?

My overall opinion about these is that they're rather useless. (As a suggestion on the freezing, maybe 1 sec freeze each time damage hit, to make it actually decently effective, since Chins already are fast)

With Vampire Chins:

I suggest a max hit of 6...while hitting up to 9 targets, aka a max heal of 27....which is a lot still.

This seems slightly better of an idea than the ice ones.

Plague Chins:

Only comment is...why?

Deers:

I think adding in the Pitfalls and fires are making it too complicated, just make it simple...shoot it before it gets away.

Also, with the highest deer meat, it is way too low of a cooking req for something that heals 20 hp.

Most of these ideas are decent...just need to be developed more.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I like these ideas.

However, I'd like to see an expansion to Hunter that compliments a skill other than Ranged. We have enough of that already. If you could add some new ideas that helped other skills, like mining, smithing, herblaw, that would be even better!

Thank you for the suggestions so far. ddaanniiellh, I changed a few of the things with your responces. Smartme, I am still thinking on how to make hunter help other skills right now.

Maybe one could use a raven, vulture, or god Bird to hunt those faster kebbits, gaining summoning EXP in the process. Maybe a hunter animal can drop herbs for herblore.

The plague chinchompa is simply for experience If you don't like the vampire ones. It really won't help anybody much except for causing annoyance in BH maybe.

Snowball997.png

how about javelin hunting. would give em a use. You hunt a large game animal, or something mythical, in a minigame where only javelins are allowed, and throw them and if you hit, 1 hit kill, if you miss, it attacks and you might it off with javs ( no loot).

Maybe we can place it somewhere in karjama? Spears or javelin hunting seems like something natives would do there. Maybe as a way to help the animal not see you you can wear Grahk or a brodo sheild? We could also hunt or fish in the water with spears.

Snowball997.png

Erm, with that ice chincompa, wouldn't the snow effect by GWD cause your hunter to go below the requirement after a while? Or do you plan to add it to the existing hunting ground?