Black Dragons - Slayer Task

danelennon

I'm beginning to get really irritated with this task, and not because I dislike fighting them but because of how ridiculously hard it is to actually initiate combat with them. I have a pretty poor connection and so I tend to lag a second or two behind most people, but when there are eight people there and only two dragons, it tends to make things a little impossible.

I got steels the other day, and although it was often pretty tricky to find yourself a nice little dragon to fight, (particularly with iron's attacking you all of the time as well), I didn't find it as bad. I don't mind having to hop around a little bit to get a task done, but with these things it's just ridiculous. I spent forty five minutes hopping between worlds last night and didn't manage to kill any. Today it isn't quite as bad because at the moment the worlds are a little emptier, but it's still really irritating.

I remember in the days before the visage that they used to be pretty packed, but again, back then it was worth it because you didn't have to spend as much time world hopping as you do now. I guess I'm just saying that I wish that Jagex would take the increase in dragon hunters in to consideration and put another couple of dragons in somewhere else to dilute it all a little bit. I'd pretty much love getting this task if it wasn't for the irritation that you begin to feel after you've visited more than half of the member worlds and you still haven't quite got a full inventory of hides :(

dane_lennon.png

You can always do the Sir Amik Varze part of Recipe for Disaster quest so that way you have access to the Evil Chicken Lair with 4 more dragons.

Goten6456.png

Now, most of us dont have a problem with distinguishing RS from reality, and we all know that if you hit someone with an axe in real life they dont drop 3gp and some bones then respawn a few seconds later.

You can always do the Sir Amik Varze part of Recipe for Disaster quest so that way you have access to the Evil Chicken Lair with 4 more dragons.

That's the area I use and it's great. I have no complaints about it - and it's even close to a bank. ::'

Alternativly, go to bounty hunter. walk directly south of it till you find an entrance to chaos tunnels. inside theres 3 green drag's and a TON of baby black dragons. problem solved. ::'

Popoto.~<3

Ohhh, I thought there was only one drag in Zanaris, I must have been misinformed >.< I have actually done recipe for disaster, it's just that it's been so long that I can't remember where to go! I'm sure that it'll say on here somewhere though.

I don't find them particularly hard to kill considering their levels, although that is using ranged. Hopefully there are some range spots in Zanaris, otherwise I'll have to dig out the ol' prayer pots. Still, if Zanaris is any good then I would like to rant at myself for wasting all of my time in Taverly ;)

As for baby black dragons - I'd rather to kill the adult ones, it makes me feel more powerful and raises my self-esteem :P

dane_lennon.png

Alternativly, go to bounty hunter. walk directly south of it till you find an entrance to chaos tunnels. inside theres 3 green drag's and a TON of baby black dragons. problem solved. ::'

Hey thanks for the advice, I was having similar problems with em. Problem solved. :thumbsup:

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

There are 4 black dragons in Zanaris. To enter the dungeon you need a raw chicken. Go to Zanaris through the shed in the Lumby swamp, the entrance is the chicken shrine right north of you. Use the raw chicken. In the main dungeon, to the north on the western wall, there's an entrance to descend like in the kalphite lair, use rope on it.

Seraphyna.png

Seraphyna.png