Ipod Help. PLEASE

mentaldevil1

Well i got a 30gb ipod the other day and when i turn it on (i think i have transferd the songs properly) it shows up with a folder and an ! mark and than turns it self off. can any1 help me cheers

Did it do this when you first got it? Also, if you only think you've put the songs on properly, it might be done wrong. iTunes is pretty idiot proof.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

you could try using another program other than itunes (if your using itunes that is) like anapod explorer. if that doesn't work, whine loudly and stomp your feet on the ground. i've seen it work wonders :)

limpxbizkid.png

i+r+newblet.png

Guest GhostRanger

This actually happens to a lot of iPods and is rarely caused by anything you did.

Take your system restore CD (I believe its a CD) and just restore your iPod and then put all your music back on it and everything should be just fine. I just helped me friend out with this problem on Sunday. :P

Guest GhostRanger
bring it back to the store and have it looked at in case.

Not needed. They will just do the same thing: restore it.

Ahh that sucks, it might have an error. If it has a warranty, use it! If not... try going to the iPod site or something for help. I got a question, was a free iPod you got from the internet? If so, wee!! <-- The heck?

Tip of the message: Die, best way to live. <-- The heck?

8) :evil: :twisted:

did you install the ipod software?

the pod needs to be formatted by the software before its ready for use also you need to use the software that comes on the cd to transef songs dont just drop files in the root of your ipod.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

smash it on the ground with a sledge hammer, then put it in it's box and say it came that way

Lmfao.... my friend bought a PSP and it had like a 60 day warrenty so we got bored one day and just smashed the hell out of it, went to the store, and got a new one :lol: :lol: :lol: