Java Downloading Issues.

Lacoste

Well basically,the screen just stays black, no loading bar appears, using Firefox. Please go into detail about how to fix it, I know little about computers.

I am aware that this is in the wrong forum, please move it to appropriate one, thanks =D

New Question- Downloading Java, I come up with the same two error codes, I have already tried what the help center on java, but each method leads be back to one of the error codes.

Well right now, I am having problems downloading java, I keep getting the messages about the package being invalid, and the transforms aren't on the right path or something. I remember doing this before, but I don't remember how i fixed it.

Well right now, I am having problems downloading java, I keep getting the messages about the package being invalid, and the transforms aren't on the right path or something. I remember doing this before, but I don't remember how i fixed it.

Uninstall and re-install it?

-Unintall it from your computer, remove it trace from your registry

-Go to runescape and click on play

-When it prompt you to install java, than install that version

Did you just downloaded the latest version of java and it result into this?

Solisticez.png

I have the same error on my lap top and I have no clue how to fix it. I've uninstalled, installed, etc.

I could have a different problem, but in my case, it just crashes with no warning.

Anyway when I play RS on my laptop, I just use RS client (you can get it on the website). It runs off of IE, and it's stable. I can't solve the problem but I hope this helps.

Just curious, what language is your Java in? Is it in English?

jirenma2001.png

Uninstall and re-install it?

-Unintall it from your computer, remove it trace from your registry

-Go to runescape and click on play

-When it prompt you to install java, than install that version

Did you just downloaded the latest version of java and it result into this?

No, I had the previous one, I just thought if I updated it, the problem would be fixed, I did all of what you said, but after I begin to install that version, the same 2 error messages come up.

I have the same error on my lap top and I have no clue how to fix it. I've uninstalled, installed, etc.

I could have a different problem, but in my case, it just crashes with no warning.

Anyway when I play RS on my laptop, I just use RS client (you can get it on the website). It runs off of IE, and it's stable. I can't solve the problem but I hope this helps.

Just curious, what language is your Java in? Is it in English?

It is in English.

This used to happen to me alot, but i figured out that it only happened when i switch between tabs/windows on my PC... so maybe try not doing it?

Thanks I will try that when I actually get java, any help on that?

Could you post an image of the error or the ominous black screen.

Other than that.....

Go to the top of Firefox, you should see Tools > Clear Private Data.

Thats for the newest version of Firefox, if you have a older verson, its something like Tools > Options > Clear Cache.

If you've already done that, have you tried uninstalling the Java using Add/Remove from the control panel, sometimes the computer doesn't erase it all and saves some settings.

You could try using error smart, but thats mainly because we don't know what error your getting.

Have you tried it with Internet Explorer?

Hi,

I moved this topic here, seeing as this is where the tech knowledgeable people hang out. ;)

Good luck!

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I'd appreciate some specs on your machine, and a screenshot of about:plugins from Firefox. ;)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.