Every now and then Firefox decides to...

Herr

Forget all my visited URLs when I try to type them in and have it autocomplete. This is really annoying.

It's happened over several versions and reinstalls. I'm using the latest one now.

Anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? Yes I have looked in the options panes.

Honestly never believed i would ever help anyone since me noob at computer, but the tides have turned today!!!

go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy

Under history you will see firefox is set to clear history in X number of days, u can change this.

EDIT: boo ya

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

Yes I have looked in the options panes.

As I said I have already checked the options. It has been set to 99 days all the way through.

Can you rephrase that? It's a bit hard to understand.

The feature works fine for about a month, then decides to forget all visited URLs all at once.

Can you rephrase that? It's a bit hard to understand.

The feature works fine for about a month, then decides to forget all visited URLs all at once.

I know what you're talking about.

Although it happened to me on Opera.

The sites are in the history. Just... auto complete doesn't work :-?

I don't know how FireFox works, but my problem got solved by wiping my cache...

Might work in FF, might not :dunno:

i think that when firefox updates itself it clears the favorites list and history because everytime i updated it on my computer i did it i recamend creating a webpage with all ur favorites listed that is wut i did because i could not find anyway to stop it from doing it

i think that when firefox updates itself it clears the favorites list and history because everytime i updated it on my computer i did it i recamend creating a webpage with all ur favorites listed that is wut i did because i could not find anyway to stop it from doing it

So you created a new profile and now you blame Firefox for it? Good point, mate.

Herr: sounds like a bug. I've looked all over the place for 'normal' explanations, but 'this is a bug' is what's left, I think. You may want to search https://bugzilla.mozilla.org for this. Product: Firefox, Component: Autocomplete would seem like the place where this should be hiding.

Thanks Hannibal, I am looking.

And to the other guy I have not updated firefox recently, it's not related to that.