Fastest Defence exp/hour for me?

Fevered_Flow

Im not a big mellee person, but i need to get my defence up quite a few levels. Im wondering, from 71 to 80 defence, what the best method to train would be? I have 70 attack and strength (and 60 prayer if this helps) and im currently killing dagannoths (the ranged defence bonus on my gear is ~+378).

Im wondering what the fastest exp/hour would be WITHOUT using potions (unless its very sensible to do so), and without doing bandits w/guthans. If the place is quiet its a bonus. Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

i see your pain (doing 99 defence with atk/str kept at 80 :wall: )

grab a salve amulet, or salve (e) if you can, do desert treasure and do Damis' Lair. the giant skeles are fast experiance there or Defender of Varrock for the lv85 Armored Zombies. using my friends Saradomin Godsword i got about 70k exp an hour. realy helped getting 89 defence. (only 10 to go. ;-; )

or do apes. that way you can use protect melee AND chivalry.

Popoto.~<3

i see your pain (doing 99 defence with atk/str kept at 80 :wall: )

grab a salve amulet, or salve (e) if you can, do desert treasure and do Damis' Lair. the giant skeles are fast experiance there or Defender of Varrock for the lv85 Armored Zombies. using my friends Saradomin Godsword i got about 70k exp an hour. realy helped getting 89 defence. (only 10 to go. ;-; )

or do apes. that way you can use protect melee AND chivalry.

Ill have to try both those, and decide which i prefer ::' What should i do about healing at DT Skellies though?

Good luck on 99 defence too :thumbsup:

And about slayer, i did that from 60-70, and it wasnt really my thing. I havent done smoking kills, but frequent travelling to different tasks, and rubbish tasks get on my nerves :wall:

Ill have to try both those, and decide which i prefer ::' What should i do about healing at DT Skellies though?

take the runes for bones to peaches.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

i thought they dropped big bones,must be me then. :-k

I honestly dont know, but seeing as theyre "giant" skeletons you may well be correct. Would a regen brace suffice for healing there? Or are there better methods (that dont involve guthans/summoning :wall: )?

To tell you the truth I forgot they dropped big bones, but the Shadow Hound's which are in the same area do drop them.

Anoukos (sp?) are pretty good exp with salve(e), good drops and they definitely drop normal bones.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Just do slayer. Its well worth it in the long run. and some tasks have very nice exp.

at my levels i get 80k exp an hour at bloodveld tasks with ss. probly more with whip. dusties are around 75k exp an hour for me on task.

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Just do slayer. Its well worth it in the long run. and some tasks have very nice exp.

at my levels i get 80k exp an hour at bloodveld tasks with ss. probly more with whip. dusties are around 75k exp an hour for me on task.

I dont have anywhere near your attack and strength, so the exp is much less for me. I might try slayer again sometime, but for the moment im after speed.

I got all my levels through slayer, always got 50k+ an hour. But if you dont want to slay, even if you are: always use super attack and strength at least.

And if you not slaying id suggest using salve (e) on something like maybe zombie monkies or dt skeletons or something

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning