Steel Titan + Protect from Melee?

Blutters

50% from players, 100% from monsters. This is for overall defense, I assume.

Steel titan's and Piety (which stack) also applies to overall defense, or so I assume.

"Defence boost (15% bonus to your stab, slash and crush Defence) - invisible"

Seems like the KB is just saying that it's 15% to melee Defense...? But Piety is 25% to all three? So is the Steel Titan effecting your Defense level or your stat bonuses?

2dgucz6.png

50% from players, 100% from monsters. This is for overall defense, I assume.

Steel titan's and Piety (which stack) also applies to overall defense, or so I assume.

"Defence boost (15% bonus to your stab, slash and crush Defence) - invisible"

Seems like the KB is just saying that it's 15% to melee Defense...? But Piety is 25% to all three? So is the Steel Titan effecting your Defense level or your stat bonuses?

Hmm... that does make sense. I don't know, but I don't see how it matters. It adds alot of defense, leave it at that. ;)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Protect from melee is 40% protection from player attacks - an often overlooked statement, which really confused me at first when I was speccing 40s on people with pro melee. Piety is +25% to defence, assumed to be your defence level - steel titan is +15% to your stab slash and crush, assumed to be your armor bonuses. All 3 + the -30% damage spirit shield = 70% damage reduction, +40% to slash defence. Doing that in a tank outfit has GOT to be fun, I'm going to test it someday at 99 summoning in fight pits. Sounds like a blast, you would be VERY rarely hit, and only getting hit for 30% of the normal damage making ags specs max at 23, with very little chance of landing :shock:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Protect from melee is 40% protection from player attacks - an often overlooked statement, which really confused me at first when I was speccing 40s on people with pro melee. Piety is +25% to defence, assumed to be your defence level - steel titan is +15% to your stab slash and crush, assumed to be your armor bonuses. All 3 + the -30% damage spirit shield = 70% damage reduction, +40% to slash defence. Doing that in a tank outfit has GOT to be fun, I'm going to test it someday at 99 summoning in fight pits. Sounds like a blast, you would be VERY rarely hit, and only getting hit for 30% of the normal damage making ags specs max at 23, with very little chance of landing :shock:

If you're rich enough for that you might as well use the PvP armor too...

2dgucz6.png

There's a difference between paying 100m for a shield that gives you unlimited use in many situations and many hundreds of hours of protection unmatched by any other armor vs. paying 15m for armor that breaks in an hour and isn't much better then barrows. It would be cool, though... If I ever get THAT much free cash I'll try it someday \'

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I thought the shield only gives damage reduction, and not higher defense?

And wow about the 40%, I never saw that before...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

There's a difference between paying 100m for a shield that gives you unlimited use in many situations and many hundreds of hours of protection unmatched by any other armor vs. paying 15m for armor that breaks in an hour and isn't much better then barrows. It would be cool, though... If I ever get THAT much free cash I'll try it someday \'

It's assumed that if you would pay that much for the shield and 99 Summoning that you'd have a lot of free cash to throw around...

2dgucz6.png

It's assumed that if you would pay that much for the shield and 99 Summoning that you'd have a lot of free cash to throw around...

Your the one who breached the question about steel titan; the most efficient summoning training method winds up at well over 300m for 99, much more then everything else mentioned combined and doubled ;)

I don't have a lot of free cash, though - my bank value tends to hover around 60-70m, largely due to a ~20m a month spending on ice\blood barrages at castle wars\fight pits\clan wars, which merching barely balances out, with a little left over for skills :wall:

Ancient magicks is such a mixed blessing...

DeviledEgg24.png