Very wierd error.

BabyPunchers

Hi, I've been trying to post a guide in the General Guide forum for a while now. But when i copy-paste it from microsoft word, it won't let me. Instead I get this.

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xEF\x81\x8A\x0A\x0A[...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Any ideas how to fix it?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I've had this problem lots. I wrote my guide on a Japanese laptop, accidently put a Japanese character which I deleted, but it gave me the same error. I put a symbol I didn't know wasn't allowed, and it dissapeared. Basically, no foreign language or strange symbols.

Take all wierd symbols out. If it still occurs, put it in notepad, then copy and paste it.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Hmm well I've tried the notepad thing. But I think I'll go through the guide and look for any symbol. Thank you guys.. I think that when you type :) into Microsoft word it becomes a smiley face. That could be it. Thanks again guys. I'll see if it works. <3:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Yup, when you type ": )" into microsoft word it comes up with the alt code smiley face. It's fine now, thanks guys. Guide's up and running. <3:

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.