Surge Protector.

Caxis

I'm looking for a good surge protector but I don't know much about them. I'd like to know what to look for, a good brand, etc. One of the things I'd like is a battery so that if the power goes out, I can safely shut down my computer and/or console without losing data. We live in an area where branches fall on power lines a lot during winter, and we have those power strips that are supposedly surge protectors. I don't think those work well, since our friends had a branch fall on their power line a few years ago, and they lose three computer (And a car).

So yeah, I'd like to get a good surge protector to prevent anything bad from happening. Thanks.

Caxis, as long as your setup is less than 640 Watts, and you're willing to pay $140 USD, the following should work for you... :-k ...

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/228608/Belkin-F6C1100-UNV-Enterprise-Series-UPS/

Please post back if that isn't enough for what you need... I'm glad to see I'm not in a minority for awareness about UPS'es, and that awareness is growing. :thumbsup:

~D. V. "Power Backup = Good" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I have this one, c2d @2.5ghz, 1 hd, 8600gt... Got about 10min backup on that setup (dont really remember the exact time, got it hooked up to another pc atm).

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé