Goku's Ultimate Guide to H.A.M. V1.1

X Battousai

NEWS!!!! Pictures obtained, just need to upload them to imageshack... and that will take a while for me :( CURRENTLY INCOMPLETE. I STILL NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:

GET NEW GE PRICING, THIS GUIDE WAS MEANT TO BE RELEASED IN LATE SEPTEMBER, BUT I STOPPED SO HENCE, IT NEEDS AN UPDATE.

INVENTORY, JUST NOTICED IT WAS... LACKING :o

SPELLCHECK... OK THATS EASY :lol:

MORE NEWS WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT!!!

HAVE FUN READY V1.1 UNTIL I GET IT UPDATED!

And if someone could make me a cool banner for a title and/or sig, though thats not anything major :lol:, but you'll be first in the credits when I make it.

1.@Introduction

Hello and welcome to my first guide!!

Hope you like it, and constructive criticism is appreciated!

Prices mentioned in guide will not be updated (unless there is a new version of guide)

OK about my RS life

Main account:ss4goku264 (p2p atm)

Main pure: rangebomb264 f2p (forever probably lol)

playing rs for 2-3 years

Why am I writing this guide? To help others players make ok money, this method would have worked for lower levels, but because of the summers end requirements, it doesnt (some lower levels who have very high level accounts may have enough experience to pass it, but by that point, different money making methods will work better, although this does train thieving while making a decent about of money (depending on level I estimate 40k-80k and more likely more, as well as depending on how focused you are, and on what jewelry you get from the chests) maybe more, but this method can train thieving as well as farming if you plant trees/herbs/fruits ect. While doing it, (snapdragons I have recently heard make up to about 1million per hour!) so this method will pay for a few seeds easily enough. You also get level 1 clue scrolls, which can make you more then 100k easily if you get lucky, and you usually get 1 or 2 clues that give that much or more out of every 8-10 clues, boosting profits, but do them at the end of a trip or when you just replanted your herbs, so that you will get extra money (2m in that same hour at max based on luck), but this has nothing to do with this guide, I am just throwing this out for you to make more money at once.

ok enough talking, lets get to the main guide!!!!

2.@Table of Contents!!!!

1 Introduction (you already read this right?)

2 Table of Contents! (your reading it)

3 Requirements!

4 Recommendations!

5 Inventory!

6 How To Get There!

7 Why Go There???

3.@Requirements!!!!!!

1. The Restless Ghost

2. Spirit of Summer

3. Summer's End

4. 40 Thieving

5. 23 Summoning

6. 23 Woodcutting

7. 35 Hunter

8. 45 Mining

9. 47 Firemaking

10. 55 Prayer

11. 40 Construction

12. 26 Farming

These stats were for the 3 quests, except 40 thieving, which is for the ability to thieve from the chests in the secret underground room of the H.A.M HQ.

4.[hide=]Recommendations

Not sure if you can bring summons in the underground area of H.A.M HQ so if someone can state yes or no that would help, thank you!

Some of these will have a Pros and Cons section, followed by if I think it is worth using.

1. 60+ thieving (75+ thieving highly recommended, although I would think there would be better methods for making money with thieving by then, but you never know :twss:)

2. combat stats to get past those quests (I have only done the first one for now)

3. high hit points (60+ is fine, 80+ is better because you will need less food/ stay longer)

4. good beast of burden (pack yak is preferred, but as that requires an incredible level 96 summoning, the best you can get is good too [bull ant or spirit terrorbird, 500 gp max, so insanely cheap, better then pack yak based on price, but its up to you and your summoning level :lol: )

5. OPTIONAL!!!!!!! healing summon, if you can't get bunnyip (sp) use the level 23 rat (forgot name :lol:)

6. Regan Bracelet (only 1m now, and doubles the hp you recover per minute, useful, but not necessary at all, especially if you are using a healing summon) *NEW* Now comes with combat stats, helpful for random events

7. Food (trouts are fine, salmon is more then enough and then tuna is the limit before you start killing your profits, sharks = no$$$$ :(lol ) use 10 Trouts (70 hp) 8 Salmons (72 hp) or 7-8 Tunas (70-80 hp)

8. Dream spell (79 magic, lunar magicks, requires lunar diplomacy and dream mentor)

Pros: doubles hp recovery while sleeping, maxes 16 hp per minute with regan bracelet and hp recovery prayer, no need for food

Cons: no home telly to lumbridge without with home tellytab which lowers profit unless you walk back to bank :/ not worth the time spent healing, although with regan bracelet and the double hp recovery spell, that's 16 per minute, but still doesn't beat out regular food, use if you dont mind buying Lumby tabs and Varrock tabs

9. Phoenix necklace never used, but sounds great, when you hp drops below 20%, it restores 30%! Bring 1 equipped and 1 in you inventory and if you have more then 80 hp, these are useful. Buying 2 may put a dent in your profits by up to 10k if you only make 40k per hour with this method.

Price: 2,150-2,353 GP on GE as of 9/28/08 overall use if you dont have a fury, and will run from random events, or are strong enough to kill them before they hurt you too much.

10. boots of lightness/penace (sp) gloves/ spotted capes/spotier capes, the stuff that make you weigh less, not very helpful, as 100% run energy should be enough to get you from lumbridge kitchen to their hideout

11. H.A.M Clothing. Helpful or not, your opinion. I have heard they increase your chances of being successful while pickpocketing them, but i have also heard otherwise, use them or not, it can't hurt right?

12. Use gloves of silence, these increase your chances of being successful, so these work for sure.[/hide]

Inventory!

My usual setup when i did this before the Summer's End came out

1. lockpick (helps getting in, not necessary), 5-10 trouts/salmon/tuna (healing) Pizza (instead of the fishes, its 2 bites so quite useful, same with cakes but 3 bites), basically it.

Equipped: Full HAM (not sure if it really helps) whip (fights of randoms), rune defender (defense boost/offense boost, other shields are good, bring your best if you want), ring of life (incase you are finishing trip when random sneaks up on you and gets you below 10 hp), gloves of silence (if HAM Doesn't work) glory/fury (defense boost)

How To Get There!

[hide=]Ok, I'm going to explain this in steps

1. Home telly/walk/teleport tab/portal teleport/die and respawn in/get a telly other to lumby on your/ect. to Lumbridge. Just get to Lumbridge!

2. Get you equipment! Gloves of silence or full H.A.M, fury/weapon/shield for randoms, food, summons (bobs or healers) and lockpick if you choose to bring one.

3. Walk to the general store and head west from there until you reach the dungeon point on the mini map (looks like old ruins in the over world view, and small ones at that).

4. Open the trapdoor and go inside, open the other door, go behind the huge stage, and look at the floor for a different looking surface and right click there. Choose open trapdoor and go down.

5. You are here!!!! Now was that hard???? I hope you say no, otherwise, go and train a lot more first!!!!

6. Once you got the desired amount of each 12 items (read next section after to know what these items are.) Go to Varrock.

7. Once you are there, look for the rouge you saved in the Summers end quest (if you have not done that quest, just alch anything worth alching (gets a good amount of free mage xp, but you loss out on the profits, natures as of 9/39/08 are[/hide]

Why Go There?????

Good Question! Why would we go there, well thats very simple enough to answer. We are going there for a few reasons.

1: get decent thieving xp (~40k per hour? I forgot maybe, 30k at the least, more if you are focused) but this is just a bonus! Not the main reason.

2: get good money!!! But what do these guards give that normal guards dont??? The answers are keys!! Bronze, Silver, Iron, and Steel keys!!! These are what will get us the most money. (they also give tons of junk but keep the pathetic coins you get, the chests and alchs get you more anyway (if you choose to alch)

3: These chests give out the following: All gold jewelry up do diamond but no bracelets.

Gold rings/necklaces/amulets, sapphire rings/amulets/necklaces, ruby rings/necklaces/amulets, and diamond rings/necklaces/amulets

4. once you saved up a lot of these (once you get maybe 100 of each regular gold item, 60-70+ each sapphire items, 30-50 of each ruby items, and 15-30 of each diamond item, go to varrock, look for the rouge you saved in the Summers End quest (if you did it) and he will buy all your jewelry (that is unenchanted) for its high alch value (selling 1 or 1m of them doesnt lower the price you get,) which is why I made this guide, to teach people about this. He also buys it in noted form!!!!! (I did not discover this, but I found on tip.it forums lol)

5. This place will never get crowded for a few reason. It requires hard quests, decently high skill levels for better profits (in thieving, not many people even use it after DT, so not very high chance of getting crowded).

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png