Good range/2h'er?

RU_Insane

Hi!

I have an account named I Hail Me I, range/2h hybrid in the making, F2p status and it'll stay that way.

These are my goal stats for it:

40 Attack

40 Strength

60 Ranged

48 hitpoints

Not mentioned: 1 def (since I'll be pure/hybrid) 1 mage (same reason) 1 pray (don't know about this one)

41 combat with the 4 stats above.

I used tip.it's max hit calculator for melee, I found out I can hit 13 with a rune 2h at 40 strength with a strength potion. I'll be hitting rapid 10-11s with addy arrows at 60 range. Are these good stats for a range/2h hybrid/ko'er? And should I get my prayer up (hopefully it won't raise my combat if I can ^_^)

Thanks in advance!

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

For a decent Range 2her, you want to have maxed out Strength in relation to your Range level.

What I mean is that if you effectively keep Range at [2/3]*[Attack+Strength Levels] you will not increase your combat level, apart from through raising Hitpoints.

Thus at 60 Range, you can have a total of 1.3*60 Attack and Strength levels - assuming you want to stay 40 Attack, you can have 50 Strength.

Another problem is that at your combat levels, the opponents tend to use sub-rune combat gear, so you are less likely to get good drops either PVP-ing or [God Forbid] Bounty Hunting.

I'd personally reccommend you raise your stats before you start Range/2H PKing. I recommend something along the lines of;

Attack: 40

Strength: 65

Defence: 1

Range: 70

Hitpoints: C. 65

Magic: 60 [Obtained through Cursing]

Prayer: 1

Combat 50

This gives you a possible Combo of 19, [Potted] with a Rune 2H and 12 with Addy arrows on Rapid, a total of 31 - effectively 50% of anyone your combat levels health [remember you have above average HP from raising both Range and Strength].

*Edit:

For Pures, Prayer below combat 56 is a very bad idea, as it raises your combat level rather fast and means that you can spend less time in low crater bounty hunter [the Nirvana time for pures]. Also in terms of combat levels to extra hits and benefits you acquire from stat boosting prayer, it is not worth it for a stat below level 80 and even then you are sacrificing precious HP levels.

Hope that helped. <3:

That helped a lot.. Thanks! ^_^

#Edit: How is 60 magic helpful, though? Would it help protect against mages my level using attacks like Fire Blast? =p I guess so

Thanks for your help.

By the way, a good formula that could help in finding how much HP you'd gain from training levels:

HP experience=((exp/4)*1.3)+1154

exp being the number of exp needed to get from your level (assuming it's 1, since it's easier to calculate from level 1) divided by 4, since (exp/4)=damage, and HPexp=d*1.3, where d=damage. So ((exp/4)*1.3) calculates the HPexp you'd gain from training that level, and (+1154) is the total XP in HP after training the levels you want. 1154 is the HP exp from HP level 10, assuming you're training to your level from 10hp and any level 1 stat.

Example, let's say I took your advice and wanted 70 range, 65 strength, 40 attack and 60 mage.

70 range=737600xp

65 Strength=449400xp

60 Mage=273700xp

40 Attack=37200

Hp experience=((737600+449400+273700+37200)/4) or 374,475.

HPexp=(374,475*1.3)+1154

HPexp=(486817)+1154

HPexp=487971 or 65 HP.

=p I just wanted to show to anyone else wanting to know how much hp they'd gain from training a certain stat, since some don't know how calc. xp.

=p Good formula in-case anyone wants to figure out how many HP levels they'd get from training more than 1 CB skill, in particular.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif