IP address: could I get hacked?

bronzewarrior

When i rejoined RS I joined a merchanting clan. I joined the forums for the clan and I have posted several times. After almost losing money on the first item, i left the clan. One of my friends in the clan, he is a general, got permanently banned because someone reported him. He then posted the I.Ps of the reporters on the website for hackers to get at.

I left that merchanting clan for another one and it kind of makes me think.... Could i get hacked if someone had my I.P address? I saw a video on youtube about the guy who had the first elysian shield. In the video, he logs in and it shows his IP address in the video and people posted.. "I WILL HACK YOU".

Does it help that I have good antivirus/internet security (Norton)?

Does it help that I have a W.E.P on my wireless?

...and i heard that hackers can crack bank pins on rs banks..... :o

thanks for your help!

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

Your fine unless you clicked on something and got a keylogger but if you have a decent antivirus and have already ran a sacn and it came up with nothing you will be fine.

It is impossible for someone to take your bank pin with just your ip adress they would have to have a program that watched your sreen since you click your pin insted of type it in. And the only way for someone to get that kind of program on your comp would be if you dl something that has a virus like that but like I said your scan would have picked it up.

All in all, dont worry \'

Stdueis sohw taht as lnog as the fisrt and the lsat letetr of wrods are croerct you wlil hvae no porbelm readninig a sentence. This is bceuase yuor mind deons't acatully read all the letetrs, but a word as a wohle.

claerion101.png

I can only answer a few questions, but in the future, this should go in the tech forum.

A W.E.P will not help you as the hackers will be remotely accessing your computer, the wep only protects from people using your internet. If they even try to get in through your computer. Chances are they will just try the black market information method, gather info about you on myspace, etc. and use it to figure out your password.

Hackers can not(I believe) crack bank pins, and either way, it is best to have one, as if it is possible, not every hacker will have the ability to do so.

And Norton is not a good anti-virus program(found this out from others), however, it can help if people try to get into your computer and hack you that way.

I don't think you will be hacked though, it seems unlikely that they would get revenge on you just for leaving the clan.

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

An IP address is just that, an address.

You can't get past a door unless its open. (Its a metaphor, don't talk about crowbars and such).

As long as you don't have any holes in your computer, (proper virus protection, don't download anything suspicious, make sure proper ports are close) then you will be fine.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Get a decent firewall (windows one works great, believe it or not) and your fine. Makes it easy to get in if your not fully patched and fire walled, but does nothing whatsever if you are.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks