Fishing to 99, choice of fish

DarkMyth

I've decided that with the New Year rolling around that I'll make an effort to get 99 fishing. It's going to be tough but I'm definitely going to try it. I love fishing even if it is nothing but a huge grind.

I looked at a calculator for fishing just to take everything into perspective. I need:

89,500 Shark

109,389 Lobbies

82,042 Monkfish

Yes, I know the winner is clearly monkfish. I can fish them faster than sharks and they give me more xp. I'm slightly worried about trying to sell them though. I just recently put 1k monkfish up on the Grand Exchange and it took them about 15 minutes to sell. That's quite a long time compared to lobsters or sharks. I'm slightly worried about fishing 82k monkfish and only being able to sell 5k. Is it because the market is so inflated with monkfish right now?

Was it just my bad luck? Do monkfish sell better cooked? If it does take this long to sell just 1k monkfish I'm thinking that I could fish lobsters and be able to sell them fairly quickly. Sharks might sell for even better.

Another quick question. I've seen people get to ~92 fishing and start fishing sharks. Is this a good strategy? I know it's bound to raise your income but is it very efficient? I'm simply wondering if it's worth fishing 36,976 Lobsters to 92 and then fishing 59,248 sharks.

Thank You

dark_myth19.png

Trawler :thumbsup:

No, do either monks, which are great (and all of them will sell eventually due to 99 cooking being so sought after), or sharks if you're really worried about money. If money isn't too important, fly fishing is some quick levels to be gained, and I hear leaping sturgeon are quite good experience with some cash, but I haven't fished them or anything, so I wouldn't know.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

The trawler is pretty...well bad xp. Monks are the best xp and cash. If you just want xp, fly fishing and heavy rod fishing are the best...but they won't get you much cash. Monks are the best xp rate + cash in the way of fish and they *do* sell, you might just have to wait longer than 30 seconds.

Seraphyna.png

Seraphyna.png