tips on making super compost

Vincent

Introduction:

I used to simply use 1 location for making super compost; then i thought about it, and I realised how easy it would be to add another 3 locations without much difficulty, tripling my gains and allowing me the leisure of making super compost 3 times less often.

Required:

82199156sc8.png30689942zz7.png

Necklace of Skills charged (helps to have several in your bank)

Explorer ring

Ectophial (for Port Phasmatys)

Empty buckets

Combat bracelet is optional (used for teleport)

80952098dh1.png

Your choice of supercompostable material for example: pineapples, watermelon, coconut shells, calquat fruit. i recommend calquat fruit or coconut shells; otherwise if you're buying materials; calquat is cheapest followed by coconut shells, watermelon and pineapple. i make summer pies so i dont use watermelon for compost; i also make pineapple pizza so i dont use pineapple for compost either. i brew, but there's only 2 brewing spots and i have a lot of calquat fruit so i use those and i also use coconut shells; since i make vials of coconut milk for herblore. Some people use willow tree roots or maple tree roots or bittercap mushrooms but for quantity i'd stick with calquat or coconut shells. Mainly because a. i already have spaces used for those and b. i dont want to make new spaces for other items i dont normally have. To find out if something is compostable use the item with a gardener; he or she will tell you whether it'll make regular or supercompost. Try to have at least 2-3k of your selected item (like 3k pineapple for example).

89523390sg3.png

Method:

cattj1.png

1st spot - Is up to you really, but i recommend you teleport to Camelot. An alternative route to teleporting is taking some gp with you and using your Explorer ring, then taking the charter to Catherby wielding a ring of charos(e) when taking the charter will save you some gp; or use a teleport tablet; if you are on Lunar magics you can use the Catherby teleport.

Go to the farming patch north of Catherby. use the bank and leprechaun. deposit as many buckets with the leprechaun as possible. take all your supercompost out or keep some in with the leprechaun; he holds a lot so you dont always have to take all of them out. the benefits of doing this in Catherby are- it's close to a bank.

Now you can fill all your buckets with super compost or if you are just getting started, fill the compost bin with what you've chosen as your super compost material; meaning pineapple, watermelon, whatever you chose; you will need 15. there is a fill-all only 1 click required and it will manually keep filling the bin with items from your inventory.

After you've taken the compost out and or put the materials in to make compost and closed the lid; Usually, you'll need to withdraw 13 empty buckets from your bank, and 15 (pineapples) 13+15=28 that's the # of inventory spaces you have. :) so how can you fill 15 buckets if you only take 13? that's what the leprechaun's for. fill your 13, then either drop 2 pineapples or go to the leprechaun and deposit 2 super compost and take 2 buckets; fill those last 2 buckets then deposit however many super compost you want with the leprechaun, depositing super compost is not required, it's optional. finally, pick up the pineapples and fill up the compost bin and close the lid.

patchum7.png

2nd spot - In your inventory are 13 empty buckets and 15 (pineapples). click your Explorer ring to teleport to the cabbage patch, do the same thing you did at Catherby then, bank at fishing guild, cooking guild, the warrior guild, or teleport to the mining guild near Falador bank.

ardvl7.png

3rd spot - Using the Skills necklace, teleport to the Fishing guild with same as above inventory; walk to the patch north of Ardougne. use the leprechaun again and fill your buckets and the bin, close the lid, then bank at fishing guild, cooking guild, the warrior guild, or teleport to the mining guild near Falador bank.

portra9.png

Last spot- Port Phasmatys; use your ectophial, only this time , instead of taking 13 empty buckets take 12 along with the ectophial and the usual 15 (pineapple). work with the leprechaun again; it's always best to fill your buckets first; then get the last 3 from the leprechaun. dont drop the pineapples until you've filled the initial 12 buckets full of compost; then drop, and fill the last 3; use the leprechaun to store the amount of super compost you like, pick up the pineapples and fill the bin; and that's it.

That's 60 super compost and 60 on the way. super compost is the only compost recommended by me for herbs. it's also good for a little farming xp you get for making it. and it's not terribly difficult to do and it makes good use of available materials. i find satisfaction in making and using my own supercompost; just the way it is.

To unload the leprechaun of stockpiled super compost, use the Catherby location as it's close to a bank or use the Explorer ring location if you'd rather or the ectophial location, but i think Catherby is probably the most efficient location to unload stockpiled super compost from the leprechaun.

When do you do this and how often?

You can do this as much as you want. the compost takes around 45 minutes to finish. You can use this method whether on Ancient magicks, Lunar magicks, or the Regular spellbook.

Honorable Mentions:

Fertile soil- is a lvl 83 Lunar magics spell, it is not especially cheap but it is very convenient. The spell is cast on a plot; which is equivilant to using super compost on it. Requires: 83 magic, 3 astral 2 nature runes and 15 earth runes or earth staff equipped and you must be on the Lunar magic spellbook. this is good if you are on Lunar magics.

Super compost potion- is a potion you get from a quest and also certain monsters in Tarn's Lair drop them. you cannot make these yourself, at least at the time this guide was written; they are buyable on the ge, however it's not easy to get these; few people sell and most people are probably buyers. but, if you can get some then great. :) buy up a bunch of weeds, 1 click all in, close the lid. open it and use your super compost potion with the bin and all those weeds will become super compost! 1 dose per bin.

Compost Mound- lvl 28 familiar; scroll special produces compost in the compost bin with a small chance of it being super compost. using a bucket on this familiar produces compost. i havent had much experience using this familiar; but maybe you could try it and report your findings.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Well, ok got beginners ,but really no info. The items listed are the msot common ones(you missed probably the best one), and the locations.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Compost potions work best with compost mounds; you cast the scroll, the bin fills up with compost, and you use the potion on the bin. And they do buy on the GE; my friend has got 5 in the last two weeks.

And there's no point in doing a trip just to make compost; you should do it on an herb run.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: