Digital Paintings [Warning: Large Pictures!]

Grim_Jokes

It's been a while, eh? I've been busy with work, (and soon college) but thankfully, I've had some time to do some more paintings. :)

[hide=]CloneofMimi2.jpg[/hide]

The size is 768 pixels x 1024pixels. (6 x 8 inches) the kitty's for a friends. She's 15 years old, and likely won't have too much longer, so I figured I'd paint her.

Used Corel Painter X - chalk (soft) and Wet Acrylics brushes. (And a penchil brush for the initial sketch.)

Constructive Comments appreciated, as always.

Proud founder of the Myriad

Its clearly a cat.

Then how come I can't tell?

I love the colors and the texture you given it, it suits it, though you could of defined your focal (the cat monster RAWR!) a bit mroe.

It's obviously a cat, but I did have a "what is that? .. ohhh a cat." moment too.

It's pretty good but I barely noticed that there was a right eye, it blends in with the fur because it's so light.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Jpg doesn't affect paintings as it does to pixels.

I don't know why people have difficulty seeing that it's a cat :?

My only concern is that the eyes would've made a great focal point but they look rather bland and blurry.

Else it's great.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

Nice job. I do think that if you added more contrast and used some small brushes to help refine the details a little bit, then it would look more like a cat and the picture would generally be improved. I personally have no problem identifying it as a cat, but I still think that contrast and the use of smaller brushes to refine the details would improve the picture. Like unknowz said, the eyes could really be improved. If you went in there with some small brushes, added more colour and details, they'd be a great focal point and again, improve the whole picture. The eyes can really make or break a picture so if you improved those, the entire piece would be that much better.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

So I followed your advice.

Aaand. Voila!

http://grim-jokes.deviantart.com/art/Cat-2-111735013

It is a really big picture, but I'm proud of it. All I had to do is increase the Pixel by Inch ratio. I'm all giddy right now. :D

Nice job, I like this new version much more :) One final comment: I would recommend shading the white areas just a tad, to give it some depth. Particularly because you erased the grey line around the chin, which separated it from the cat's chest. So now it blends together too much. Otherwise, I think it looks great!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

It should be instinctive - no different to seeing shapes in clouds XD

Ah, but that is in the abstract mind. You have to put someone in your frame of mind before they see the image in the cloud which you do.

"It's a cat"

"No its an octopus, wait, or should that be octopi?"

lampost_sig_stark.png

Fur! It's a pain in the behind to draw it. I know, but it's what your drawing really need. And more up on the contrast.

http://fatal-mantis85.deviantart.com/ar ... l-25125510 Check this for example.

Hehe, Except Painter doesn't smudge.

I'm kinda going for the painterly feel more than anything else. :-) /

Contrast, however, is noted. :)

- whoops! yes it does, but a little differently!

Proud founder of the Myriad