Resident Evil 5 - Really? *spoilers*

IeatWindex

I just beat the game on the 360, which took 4 days on normal, and im kind of disappointed.

The game was hardly a survival-horror, more action, and I found the ending cliche.

It was fun, and when it was said to be like RE4, I didn't think so literal. You end up with beginning-game Majini onslaught like the Ganado-village attack on RE4, which is no problem, but helped me realize its almost just like RE4 with a new person and some tweaks in the story.

Jill being the masked lady under control was a bit lame, and she looked like she belonged in the Fantastic 4. Fighting Wesker ON A VOLCANO was practically the worst idea ever. What plane crashes on a freaking volcano? And Jill and Josh come to save the day in their helicopter, who knows how they found Chris and his not-very-sharp partner.

Im making the game sound alot worse than it is, but I can't help that. It was pretty fun and sort of a blast. I personally didn't mind the not-very-scary flaw because Resident Evil tends to have creepiness that repels me from it, but that's my two cents.

Just like Games Radar stated, RE5 is to RE4 as RE3 Nemesis is to RE2.

Overall a good game, but Capcom trying to entertain it's fans by adding a new feeling wasn't a good idea, the formula for all the previous was near perfect. How do you get scared in a sunny African village anyhow?

GG.gif

Just a couple things I'd like to throw out there before I even mention the game. http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=785858&start=20 Is the thread you could probably post your idea's in, since it was created awhile back; not to mention you've already posted there. So a new thread kind of defeats the purpose.

Luckily I've already beaten the game too, but for others; use the hide function especially on certain parts of text. (Aka, one female character you've mentioned) and possibly the part about Wesker.

But yeah, setting aside that. I agree with you. Just as most reviewers have actually.. Resident Evil 5 is a little too much like an action game now, I nearly felt like I was playing "The Mercenaries" the whole game, while I actually was on campaign mode. (Mind you the mercenaries kicks [wagon] (I miss not wanting to go through the next room in fear of getting jumped by something like Nemesis back in RE3.) )

I posted a link in the other thread that mentions Capcom will "reboot" the series, but we'll have to wait a couple more years to see what happens there.

[hide=Spoiler! Don't read if you haven't played through the game yet.]GAH! Wesker is DEAD!! Nooo.[/hide]

Just a couple things I'd like to throw out there before I even mention the game. http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=785858&start=20 Is the thread you could probably post your idea's in, since it was created awhile back; not to mention you've already posted there. So a new thread kind of defeats the purpose.

Please use the above thread to post anything related to Resident Evil 5 :)

Thanks!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog