Possible Calculator/Planner Tweak

Hi,

Any chance the calculators/planners can be tweak to make them a little more user friendly.

Currently they accept numbers, but give a alpha-numeric output. This means the user can't simply copy and paste the result into other calculators/planners. This is rather annoying when you want to use up existing charms, then work out how many you need for the next level.

If they do they get NaN, just NaN. Sure NaN is ok if you know its stands for Not a Number, but not everyone using the site will.

There should be a little bit of text or a popup saying please enter a valid number (or something along those lines).

My suggestion

Either allow the input value to accept the , character (simply use the replace character function in JavaScript) or output the exp required in a plainly numeric value (eg 12000 and not 12,000).

Give the user a easy to understand message about entering an invalid idea.

Joe

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 11 months later...

[Crew edit: Merged this post #2 through #5 with the preceding post as the topics were similar. Thanks! - Speedyshel]

commas within numbers on the skill calculators and planners have bugged me for quite a while. An easy fix could make the calculators and planners so much more user-friendly.

In assigning myself a target level, the experience to which it equates is helpfully given:

target level: 99 (13,034,431 XP)

However the commas in this number means i cannot copy and paste the value, if i am to use the Xp value further.

Similarly, both the " gained experience" and "final experience" values given upon using a planner are given with commas. They can therefore not be used further without deleting the commas.

I can appreciate that the numbers are tidier to read with commas. can they not simply be grouped in tripple digits without the commas?

I know it's a detail, but it should be relatively simple to fix, and save so much aggravation amongst calculator users.

If they were to do this, it would just be a matter of time before someone suggests putting commas in to make the numbers easier to read. Both suggestions are a matter of convenience IMO, so what makes either suggestion any better than the other?

Borei.png

Borei.png

Borei.png

If they were to do this, it would just be a matter of time before someone suggests putting commas in to make the numbers easier to read. Both suggestions are a matter of convenience IMO, so what makes either suggestion any better than the other?

However the commas in this number means i cannot copy and paste the value, if i am to use the Xp value further.

There is a large difference. that is the point of this topic. numbers used by the calculators and planners themselves cannot be copied and used further with these same tools.

hope that clears things up :)