Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Admittedly, a magnifying glass isn't very Thanksgiving-y but it was still a fun quest with a neat reward. :thumbsup: I hope they do something like this again.

Actually, the 4-day event is not the Thanksgiving event. It is a community event set around the time of Thanksgiving.

I guess you can call it a "Thanksgiving" event then. :P

Also grats on 8m mining exp!

Yeah that confused a lot of people, including me :lol:

Anyway, it was interesting and I enjoyed it. Hope they do something like it in the future, probably for the detective clothes next?

disturbeda.png

Well, it's (almost) the end of the weekend and I've managed about 150k Xp since Wednesday. Not quite the 200k+ I was aiming for, but good nonetheless. My real mistake was trying to have a couple of beers while mining last night. Now, it may be difficult to be too drunk to fish but it's very easy to be too drunk to mine. Or at least be too tipsy to be able to focus properly on mining. I gave up after about an hour (and three Alexander Kieth's). I still got about 650k Xp to go until level 95. I'm hoping I can get there by Christmas.

Also, I'm announcing the launch of my new blog! :twss: I'm going to continue with this one, of course, and I'll be using the other for more of the day to day stuff you all love reading about. So I'll basically have a RS blog and a RL blog (but there will probably be some cross-over, I'm kind of lazy like that). I hope everyone continues to read and enjoy both! :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'll definitely be reading both now :D love the new avvy as well.

Not bad, eh? A little MS Paint cheer for Christmas. :lol:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Woot! Made an easy 55k Xp last night in between pump software updates and moving systematically around the site. I'm now over 27% of the way to level 95! :grin:

Nerdboy if you're still looking for a Scrubs Christmas avatar, check it out...Scrubs Grinch. It's a huge pic (couldn't find a smaller one, sorry) so I won't post it here. Just resize it and you're all set.

Woot! Made an easy 55k Xp last night in between pump software updates and moving systematically around the site. I'm now over 27% of the way to level 95! :grin:

Nerdboy if you're still looking for a Scrubs Christmas avatar, check it out...Scrubs Grinch. It's a huge pic (couldn't find a smaller one, sorry) so I won't post it here. Just resize it and you're all set.

Ooooh me likey :thumbsup:. I'll resize it and add it now. Thanks :D.

Over 1/4 of the way there, keep it up!

disturbeda.png

I'm kinda curious, why don't you level combat? You kept all melee stats, + hitpoints & ranged, unranked. :unsure:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'm a lover, not a fighter. :lol:

Seriously though, my levels are 50att/52def/50str/51hp/40range with an overall combat level of 63. They're higher than a couple of my skilling levels, but with the popularity of combat in RS, you pretty much need levels of 60+ in order to be ranked. I've never focused very much on my combat levels outside of being able to wear armor, wield my beloved picks <3: and complete the Dragon Slayer quest. Besides, at 63 combat I'm too low to be attacked by level 110 Revenants when I'm Runite mining. ;-)

Once I'm done with my skilling goals I'll probably start training them again, but having all of my skills ranked isn't very important to me right now.

I'm a lover, not a fighter. :lol:

Seriously though, my levels are 50att/52def/50str/51hp/40range with an overall combat level of 63. They're higher than a couple of my skilling levels, but with the popularity of combat in RS, you pretty much need levels of 60+ in order to be ranked. I've never focused very much on my combat levels outside of being able to wear armor, wield my beloved picks <3: and complete the Dragon Slayer quest. Besides, at 63 combat I'm too low to be attacked by level 110 Revenants when I'm Runite mining. ;-)

Once I'm done with my skilling goals I'll probably start training them again, but having all of my skills ranked isn't very important to me right now.

Combat isn't my forté either. I got it to 93 because my friends all pressured me to train it, then I got bored and moved onto skills. Although my melee stats are all higher than the majority of my skills :?.

disturbeda.png

Stayed home sick today, but I was feeling better this afternoon and was able to get over 110k Xp in a little under three hours! :grin: Only 470k to go until level 95!

I've also been making great progress with my merching. I started back in August with the ultimate goal (read: pipe dream) of a White Partyhat. It's been a good couple of weeks and I've made over 2M in less 10 days. Daily profits are growing, and if I keep having this kind of success I'll hopefully be making another million every day or two by the end of the month. :thumbsup:

Okay, that's enough bragging for now...

[hide=...well, maybe just a little more ]

gp10m.png[/hide]

If I remember correctly, I started with just under 1M and added about 500k of mined gold in the beginning for some added capital. Finally reaching 10M feels pretty good! The merching also adds a nice break to the monotony of mining.

Speaking of mining, what is up with all the bots lately? I've been seeing them in Rimmington nearly every day. One guy today chased me around the three rocks I usually mine for over an hour (and only got about 10 of them in that time) before walking off to the side and cursing at me. He also stopped every 28 rocks (I counted) for about 20 seconds before starting again. How obvious of a bot is that? Firstly, who chases someone for over an hour without getting any ores? A few minutes and then leaving when you're obviously losing, sure. But an entire hour??? And what is with stopping every 28 rocks? Can't the bot tell when there's actually items in the inventory? I just hope this isn't the first sign of a new wave of bots running through RS. *deep breath* Okay rant over.

I'm hoping I can make 95 Mining by Christmas. I'm also hoping this year's event will give us another piece of clothing to go with last year's Santa outfit, but I'm not holding my breath. :lol: Maybe I'll just buy a Santa Hat when I get enough cash.

I've only run into one but in my whole rs career. It was at willows in draynor, and he was reported by everyone there, which was 10+ people. Gf bot :lol:.

Close to 95 mining, keep going strong my friend. You're almost there :D

and green numbers are always good to look at <3:

disturbeda.png

Stayed home sick today, but I was feeling better this afternoon and was able to get over 110k Xp in a little under three hours! :grin: Only 470k to go until level 95!

40k exp/hour? How is that possible? I can only get about 35k exp/hour at most! :o

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

40k exp/hour? How is that possible? I can only get about 35k exp/hour at most! :o

Actually, it was just over 36k/hour. Easily done on a 1400+ world and mining three rocks. Two rocks seems to cap out at about 35k, but I've gotten as much as 38k on three. :grin: I'm not sure if 40k/hour is even possible in F2P.

I wish I was that good in Merching.

what do you merchant? =)

I started with Maple logs at first, then alternated between rune essence and pure essence. Right now it's raw tunas, but they've been spiking the last few days (+19 since Sunday) so I might wait for them to start going back down again. :-k

Yeah, I'm a duo-rock miner so I don't even know about 3-rock effectiveness.

I just go with what's easier. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

good progress

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Currently, I'm 330k Xp from leveling up. Yes, a mere 10 hours (give or take) from level 95 in my beloved Mining. I feel very confident that I can achieve this new level of excellence by Christmas. If I can continue to average a hour a day, then I may just achieve my ultimate goal by Easter.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves. Many an iron ore is left to be mined and many, many swings of the pick remain before me yet.

Currently, I'm 330k Xp from leveling up. Yes, a mere 10 hours (give or take) from level 95 in my beloved Mining. I feel very confident that I can achieve this new level of excellence by Christmas. If I can continue to average a hour a day, then I may just achieve my ultimate goal by Easter.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves. Many an iron ore is left to be mined and many, many swings of the pick remain before me yet.

as long as you're having fun, it doesn't seem like such a daunting task :thumbsup:

If you play around an hour a day, you'll make it by christmas. Don't burn yourself out though :P.

disturbeda.png

Only 4hp left? :shock: You just made it out indeed. Very nice. :thumbsup: