Quests and Bank Space

Blyaunte

I intend to post this to the RSOF later today.

Your input would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Quest Items and Bank Space

Over the past few weeks, Ive been helping out friends trying to open more bank space.

One of the common problems for questers, is that there is so much junk you accumulate books, items and whatnot, that you can never be sure will be required again.

Some of these items are relatively easy to re-acquire, while others can be a regular pain in the backside to get back. Furthermore, there are some objects that, when dropped, can never be found again.

My solution to this problem is two-fold:

1. The Wise Old Man (WOM):

First of all, I am proposing that Jagex make the WOMs house a warehouse for quest items. After all, the WOM *is* Runescapes most experienced NPC and hes purported to have done *everything* that there is worth doing in the game.

If you have completed a quest, and you have dropped a quest item that you need to retrieve for any reason, you can go to the WOM for said item.

This would be a quick, simple, one-stop reacquisition.

The discussion box with the WOM would provide the player with a Discuss Quest Item option. Then there would be a List of Quests, and the items warehoused by the WOM would be listed by items acquired during those Quests.

WOM > Discuss Quest Item > Quest > Items

This would benefit BOTH F2P and P2P players -- as the F2P players could reacquire items from the WOM as needed, and therefore could drop these items and open more bank space as well.

As a side-note, Jagex could ALSO set up a process whereby the WOM could be used as an in-game Quest hint source. Of course, this could take a little doing, but it could run along the same lines as the current Quest help system already provided by Jagex.

2. Construction: The Quest Hall:

In order to keep more bank space open, players could build a Quest Hall, as an additional room in their house.

As with many rooms, it will have windows and a carpet space, but it also contain spots for wall-hangings of certain key quest-related items (like Elvargs head, for example), a quest wardrobe for clothing acquired during quests, and a chest for the assorted junk and other small bits that have been obtained during quests.

Personally, at this moment in time, I have an entire section of my bank dedicated to quest items at the moment it occupies some 70 items of bank space which I could otherwise be using for more active items.

The problem is, with each passing quest, we acquire more and more junk, and have nowhere to put it.

During While Guthix Sleeps, for example, the quest items, armour and other assorted junk occupied 28 bank spaces while doing the quest.

I think the time has come to let us clear out some of the junk in our banks.

Thanks.

nyuseg.png

This is a really good idea and I definitely support it. However, I'm not sure being able to warehouse quest items would be as useful for F2P'ers as we don't end up with a lot of quest items. The only ones I ended up with after all the quests were the two swords (I don't recall what they were called).

I would like to also have way to retrieve random event clothing. If you have all 19 pieces (21 if you count the Shade robes, which used to be random) it takes up almost a third of the F2P bank space. I think that just like you can retrieve holiday items/outfits from Diango, we should be able to retrieve random event clothing from Iffie in the Varrock clothing store.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...