Seperate Partitions on External HD?

I have an External Hard Drive with like 40GB of data on it, and I want to make a new partition to use for my Wii. How would I do this? I want there to be two partitions, around 200GB each, and I don't want any of the data currently on it to be deleted. Also I want the new one to be the "primary" partition if that makes sense (I'm not sure if that's the term I'm looking for). Thanks!

Is it a prebuilt external hard drive? If yes, first thing you might want to do is call the company to see if you're able to partition on it. I fried the chip on one trying to partition, so I had to buy a new case and put the hard drive in the new case (which still works like new).

I would imagine you could just right click (My) Computer, select Manage, go to Disk Management, shrink the existing external HDD volume, and make a new partition.

I'm not sure how the Wii handles external hard drives and files, so you might want to format the new partition, or not...

- Np Tyler

I would imagine you could just right click (My) Computer, select Manage, go to Disk Management, shrink the existing external HDD volume, and make a new partition.

Actually, you don't have all that clutter if you go to start, select run (which is the search bar in Vista) and type diskmgmt.msc.