Windows Genuine (Dis)Advantage troubles

Dracion1

Since about Wednesday I've had a small annoying window that appears as soon as I log in asking me if I want to install Windows Genuine Advantage. Is there any way to get rid of this? I've tried looking in 'msconfig', but I don't think it's in there. If it's any help, there are two WGASetup[Caution: Executable File] processes running as SYSTEM and my computer username.

Before anyone moans about piracy, I've had problems with WGA before when I tried to install Windowx XP SP3; it wouldn't let me log on claiming my copy of XP needed verification or something and I've had to roll-back to SP2. Since my PC is a Dell, it's obviously not going to be a false copy since it came with the computer.

Any help appreciated, thanks :)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I don't think I really need it, and it's cocked up before so there's no guarantee it won't do it again. I don't want to be locked out of my PC. The only updates being shipped to XP now are security ones and I'm getting a new PC in the summer anyway.

Afaik WGA is only used for other MS software which I already have or don't need. Tbh the problems & annonyances outweigh the somewhat limited advantages.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Any ideas? I'm going to try and see if I can make a batch file script that kills wgasetup on boot, since it loads almost instantly. It'd be nice if someone could find a more elegant solution though, thanks.

draciontheman.png