Failed pure

dippymister

Ok, so I had a pure from a while back, and I just recovered it. However, he is a fail. Somehow he has 18 def on him, I don't remember how I got it or what, he just does. I'm wondering what to do with him now.

Stats are:

60 att

75 str

18 def -.-

55 ranged

55 mage

44 pray

I'm thinking I could make him into an initiate pure, which is 20 def...? I really would rather not make him into a zerker pure, as that is so much more work, but if thats the only alternative... I'll consider it.

Has anyone had any experience with initiate pures? I haven't seen many of them, and I don't know how good they are. If I did make him into an initiate pure, would i stay 60 attack and use a d scim/dds (I have mm and lost city done) or get 70 attack and use a whip? Also, is it worth it to get ancients? Any other quests that would be worthwhile doing? (obviously quests for the initiate armor...)

Thanks

I'd say if you don't want to become a zerker, just a intinite pure. It's really ur only option of becoming another pure.

I haven't had much experience on them besides that they get a lot of prayer stats :\

BraedenM.png

Quest Cape Achieved On: May 13th, 2010

Woodcutting Cape Achieved On: July 30th, 2010

get 20 defense and 70 range and you'll be fine. not really a fail.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

get 20 defense and 70 range and you'll be fine. not really a fail.

Is 70 range really necessary? I don't see why I would bother ranging when I can just melee. It would be much more effective considering I can wear full initiate, giving a nice prayer boost and good armor.

Btw, my stats now are:

60 attack

77 strength

20 defence

55 ranged

44 pray

55 mage

I've got full initiate and unholy book now, and plan on getting around 80 str then trying pking :D

its really embaressing to get owned by some noob using ancients.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

its really embaressing to get owned by some noob using ancients.

Yes, but like I said, I can't exactly range in initiate... So, bring d'hide chaps or something? I mean, it really doesn't seem worth it, my range bonus wouldn't be nearly enough to do any decent damage, and it's not like im going to bring a whole set of range gear, as that kind of defeats the purpose of being an initiate pure, seeing as the whole point of getting 20 def is to wear the initiate armor for the pray boost/defence.

I don't know, I guess personally, it doesn't seem that important to me. And tbh, whenever that happens I just put on mage protect, and tell them that if they do it again I'm gonna tele/run into bank.

In the long run I will definitely get range up for the hitpoints xp, but I don't really see it being very functional while pking.