Something I Just Started - Digital Painting -

chris_0076

Have not posted in a month or so... so here is something I am working on.

I just started this today and this is as far as I have gotten.

32898643.png

It is the start of a Mother's Day card for my mom... right now it is very rough, so and crits would be really appreciated. Right now I am tring to think of some stuff to fill the white (really it is black...) space with other than Happy Mothers Day... I guess really I need to bring out a lot more depth... and value contrast .... but meh it is a start. Fell free to mark spots that need improvement... even if it is just circling the entire thing.

Also I do not care if you rip this and use it for whatever. :thumbsup:

Trespasser's Will Be Shot, Survivors Will be Shot Again.....And bam! We Got One!

KnightSig2-1.jpg

|Proud Green Mask Owner||Proud Blue Mask Owner| 100% F2P

Looks very good as of right now. All i can really say is keep adding detail, and blend the colors together better so its not as choppy. Some of it looks VERY realistic, but lots needs work, given, it is in the WIP stages.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

Thanks for the comment, yeah the color blending needs some work, as well as some of the color choice... I got kinda lazy right before I posted and I was shading with black... and tinting with white... I'll have to go back and fix that :wall:

The edges I have noticed are quite rough... any ideas? Should I blur them, or just take a small soft eraser brush along the edge to clean them up?

Trespasser's Will Be Shot, Survivors Will be Shot Again.....And bam! We Got One!

KnightSig2-1.jpg

It looks great, save the skakey looking lines. Try and make more of a curve to make it more natural, buying a tablet might help too :thumbup:

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

The main thing I dont like about it is the main yellow (leaf?)

I dunno it looks weird and cutoff on the right side.

Other then that, great job. :thumbup:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Thanks for the comments!

About the shaky lines, yes I am using a tablet, and the lines were there on purpose. This kind of flower has weird bends to it. Although I do get that you think it is award looking, probably mainly because the shading around the parts makes it appear as if I just could not draw nice curves...

About the yellow part, yeah I do not know what I was thinking, I am going to need to expand it of so it does not look as weird...

About the background I was thinking of just leaving it blank other than "Happy Mother's Day" and maybe a signature... and if I have enough time I may add another type of flower or two...

So things that need improvement:

[*:2nipjml7]Some color things

[*:2nipjml7]Fix the shaky lines

[*:2nipjml7]Fix the main yellow leaf in the middle

[*:2nipjml7]Needs some major fixing in the bottom right leaf...

[*:2nipjml7]Fixing of some values

Also currently this is made up of 2 layers, the black background and the flower. The problem is I was kinda careless when I made the flower so that it has some spots that look like shading, but really they are only spots where I did not have the opacity turned all the way up when I was painting. So I am wondering, is there a way (other than just making a layer from visible and making a renderer out of it) to be able to get it full opacity? *note I am using GIMP*

Thanks a lot!

Chris_0076

KnightSig2-1.jpg

Update

I fixed a few things. Corrected some values, smoothed out some curves, added more to the center yellow leaves, and some other minor things.

Testing out something for a background so that it is not so contrasting, but I think I may like it with more contrast better.

But now that I see the background in a different surrounding, I think I might just use a plain black one with more flowers...

72998493.png

26176584.png

I think I need to thicken up the bottom right leaf; it is just so scrawny in comparison to the others.

Any other thoughts?

KnightSig2-1.jpg

Kinda funny that you like my signature. All that I do is "C *scribble scribble* C *scribble scribble*" and then throw in a line for a T and two dots for I's. :thumbsup:

About the background, I still do not know if I am going to use it or not... I kinda like have more contrast between it and the background...

Right now I am trying to think of some nice little flowers that would go well if I put them around it... I was kinda thinking something like black and white daises or maybe even a carnation or two.

KnightSig2-1.jpg