Setup for Aviance, Pray, and in that room?

NuckingFuts

Now I know a lot of you will *sigh* because of this, for that I apologise. I know it is a common question around these parts :(

Basically, I am going to go and Pray Aviance with my soon to be achieved 70 prayer <3:

I understand it is suggested these days to Tank them, however I am not so much comfortable doing this method, as I am a big girl and fear dying -.- (I also have never done it before...)

What I wanted to know, is what would be good gear to bring along? I haven't done the Aviance for a long while now, and so I can't remember what to bring along... :( - I also have some new levels since then, and so can possibly wear new, and better equipment.

From my understanding, I should bring one of each item tied to one of the Runescape gods to prevent getting WTFOWNT upon entry of the GWD?

So that is a Saradomin, Zamorak, and Guthix item correct? (I know that Guthix isn't required, but I should have it if I want to use the Aviance room right?)

Sorry for asking this common question - Just a simple list of the recommended defence gear I should take with would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

You'd want a nice mix of prayer and range bonuses. If you want to use the Eyrie you need an Armadyl item. The cheapest (free) and easiest to get is the Armadyl Amulet from the Temple of Ikov quest. I'm sure there is a good guide in the AoW that goes into better detail.

But this is what i suggest.

Zamorak Mitre

Armadyl Amulet

Ava's Accumulator

Black D'hide

Monk Robe Bottom (Sara Item)

Unholy Book (Decent pray bonus and best range bonus shield.)

Snakeskin boots/White Boots

Rune C'bow + Broad Bolts/Emerald bolt (e)

Archer Ring/ Explorer Ring 3

I hope it helps some, I'm not much of an expert on prayer method.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

eeeek, I don't know why I started talking about Guthix XD (Shows how much I have forgotten after that period of time away...)

Thank you very much for that list, looks to contain similar items from when I last ventured down to the GWD, and obtaining them should be no problem. I shall also work on that quest ASAP so I can enter the Eyrie :D

Many thanks for your reply/help. It's people like you that make this forum so great. :thumbup:

No problem :thumbsup: . And sicne you're going to pray, using the emerald (e) bolts you can just get them to low health and go kill another one while the poison finishes the one off.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

The AOW guide is pretty accurate, and B2p allows you to stay a lot longer.

P.S. It's avians or avianese XD

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".