Rune Scimitar vs Silverlight when fighting Demons ?

FooK-A-Ji

Hello.

Its been some years since I've last fought a demon, and since than there have been many changes.

I am strictly f2p. So I'm wondering, does the Silverlight still have bonus damage when fighting demons?

A simple yes/no will be appreciated :-)

Silverlight is supposed to have the same stats as a rune long vs deamons. Assuming this is correct, then its great for people who can't afford a rune scim. But, if you can afford the scim, chances are you will get better training out of it.

I asked a similar question months ago and I remeber people telling me that silverlight is less accurate than its rune counterparts, though I have never tested it myself.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

I tested this on lessers when i went f2p for a bit. (Rune scimmy vs Silverlight)

I found that silverlight hit harder than a rune scimmy, but rune scimmy was far more accurate.

I also found that silverlight hit slightly faster than a rune scimmy.

I'd say if you have a high attack (80+) use a Silverlight, if not you will probably hit more zeros than you would with rune scimmy.

Does that help?

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I tested this on lessers when i went f2p for a bit. (Rune scimmy vs Silverlight)

I found that silverlight hit harder than a rune scimmy, but rune scimmy was far more accurate.

I also found that silverlight hit slightly faster than a rune scimmy.

I'd say if you have a high attack (80+) use a Silverlight, if not you will probably hit more zeros than you would with rune scimmy.

Does that help?

There is a level 104 here killing lesser demons much quicker than I am, with a rune scimitar equipped. I think I will use that instead. And the silverlight is in fact slower than the scimitar.

p.s. my attack level is 92.

Well apparently it deals up to 60% more damage against demons.

I'm sure silverlight is slightly faster than scimmy?

Its not. Its a few tenths of a second slower.

And 60% I doubt it. I am now hitting consecutive 18s on the lessers with 99 str , as opposed to 0 0 0 22 0 0.

All in all I am very sure by now, that the rune scimitar is superior to the silverlight, while fighting lesser demons.

The rune scimitar has a higher slash damage and 50+ str bonus, as opposed to the silverlights +2 strength bonus.

Also as mentioned earlier, there was a level 104 killing demons almost TWICE as fast as I was, and he was using rune scimitar. Now I've switched to scimitar, and I am killing the demons twice as fast as he is :-)