Menaphite thugs impossible to double pick? -blackjack method

Aidos Drakon

I have been training thieving lately by blackjack KOing and pickpocketing. The method for best exp goes that you first lure the victim, knock them out, then pickpocket them twice before they wake up. I was able to do this with bandits. Once I had a sufficient level I wanted to switch to menaphite thugs. The problem is that it seems impossible to pickpocket them twice. I can do one successfully then i go for the second but the thug is conscious and my character tries to pick them while they are upright. This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't fail so often. The whole point of KOing them is to have a 100% pick success rate. Since I can't pick twice while they are KOed this isn't a viable training method. Many guides say that it is possible but it isn't for me.

Have the thugs been changed so that double picking is impossible or am I just have bad luck.

Note-- I went back to bandits to see if my method was off. I was able to double pick them no problem. It seems its just the Menaphites that I'm having trouble with.

If it is still possible to double pick, tips on how to get the correct timing would be greatly appreciated. Pictures or videos will earn you bonus pts!

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

Maybe your level is too low? I HIGHLY doubt Jagex changed it, because last time they altered blackjacking there was a whole big fuss about it instantly. Maybe it's your level.

Are you saying there is a level necessary for double picking? You can see in my sig that my level is 69 and thugs require only 65. I also said that I was able to single pick them in my original post, the problem was that I could not double pick them. You said Jagex changed them before, how? why? Can anyone confirm that you can still double pick?

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis