Average Runescapians IQ: 60

De_Lille_D

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread isn't exactly racist, I already said that comparison isn't valid.

It is valid. Like I said, they are both unfair generalizations that people have the right to get upset about.

Racism is just a LITTLE more grave than petty accusations of stupidity.

What? The subject that is being generalized is the person who plays Runescape - not stupid people. He is saying that Runescapers are stupid, based on a dumb generalization. My point was about saying black people are thieves, based on a dumb generalization. Why do black people have the right to get angry for being generalized, but people who play RS do not? They're both innocent parties being unfairly generalized - there's no difference here.

And I noticed you capitalized little. So, that means that this LITTLE bit is the difference between being allowed to defend yourself and not being allowed to defend yourself?

All you have to do is understand that the original poster was angry, leave it at that.

Yeah, and I suspect he'd get more angry if his car was stolen. This is no justification to make generalizations though.

There's a reason I brought up race. People always tend to be more sympathetic, even if it means contradicting their own arguments. If you think it's okay to make a generalization based on the actions of a few, then you're saying racism is okay. So now, do you think it's okay to get upset about unfair generalizations, or no?

If you don't think it's okay to get upset about generalizations, then I just want to say that you don't have a 99 skill and I met someone with no 99 skills before - they had no idea what they were talking about whatsoever, so obviously since you don't have a 99 skill then you don't know what you're talking about either.

^^Pretty ridiculous, right? That's why we don't do that. There's no racism involved in that one, but yet I still foresee you telling me that it's an invalid comparison too. :lol:

Now it just seems like you're extracting this thread for all it's worth

You're not backing up your point's well enough, it's just a circular argument

Runescape is a lifestyle choice

Rascism is a social problem backed up by history.

You cant compare accusations of "the stupidity of runescapians" with anything because it's just so trivial.

Now it just seems like you're extracting this thread for all it's worth

And how much is this thread worth?

You're not backing up your point's well enough, it's just a circular argument

Says the man with no counterargument. =D> I have a feeling you probably didn't even read my post. You just looked over it, thought to yourself, "Uh oh, logic... That's scary. I'm not even gonna try. Let's just think of a cop-out to make myself look right anyways. *Posts cop-out*"

Really now, the least you could do is not be so obvious.

If you have a refutation, give me one. If all you have is a crappy post of you giving up, don't even bother. At least I'm trying to have a discussion, whereas you're not. Quite ironic from the person on his high horse saying, "Stop being off topic guys! Stop getting upset that you're being insulted guys!" Looks like you fell off your high horse hard.

Runescape is a lifestyle choice

Rascism is a social problem backed up by history.

You cant compare accusations of "the stupidity of runescapians" with anything because it's just so trivial.

There we go, at least something I can work with.

But by bringing up this difference you're telling me that it's okay to call someone stupid just because they play a game, but it's all of a sudden a wrong thing to call someone a thief because of the color of their skin. Now be realistic here, are you really telling me that?

Another example of immaturiy, your clearly trying to bolster your ego. The point you're arguing is ridiculus, your just drawing it out to somehow try and prove your "superiority", you know exactly what I'm talking about.

What did I say about posting cop-outs? Oh yeah, that's right. It makes you look like an idiot.

Now are we gonna have a mature debate, like I'm trying to do or are you just gonna keep insulting me? It's okay if you want to insult me - I have no problem with that, but at least make some points about the argument at hand while you're at it, Mr. "Be on topic guys!!!"

The point you're arguing is ridiculus

It's ridiculous to defend yourself from being unfairly generalized? Seriously, I know you conveniently skipped a lot of my questions, but you really need to answer this one.

You're just going to continue milking this out until you get the last word, I know how your mind works.

Well, at least you're right about one thing. :lol:

I just think it's funny when people go into, "No - you're being ridiculous" mode without any support. Anyone can do that, and it makes it a worthless stalemate of a discussion. Just a back and forth of, YES! NO! YES! NO! Kind of implies that you have no good argument, but of course this is just a generalization.

PS: We really need to get into debates more often. I don't remember seeing you around.

Haha, Cacmypants had no rebuttal against Zierro's logic and tried to appear to be the higher man by saying things like "You'll just try to get the last word", "I know how your mind works", "You're clearly trying to bolster your ego".

Cacmypants, you just got e-owned.

Zierro's probably my favorite poster on TIF now.

Haha, Cacmypants had no rebuttal against Zierro's logic and tried to appear to be the higher man by saying things like "You'll just try to get the last word", "I know how your mind works", "You're clearly trying to bolster your ego".

I did not get "e-owned". If you bothered reading properly you'd see that I couldn't be bothered continuing such a pointless argument, and even Zierro alknowledges that. I admit he was getting on my nerves, that's what he wanted - to piss me off, and it worked.

I did not get "e-owned". If you bothered reading properly you'd see that I couldn't be bothered continuing such a pointless argument, and even Zierro alknowledges that. I admit he was getting on my nerves, that's what he wanted - to piss me off, and it worked.

I did read properly and I saw you contradicting yourself in the beginning and basically giving up in the end.

I did read properly and I saw you contradicting yourself in the beginning and basically giving up in the end.

I did not contradict myself, I never do that. I did not "give up" I just stopped, why continue exchanging (metaphorical) blows to face when nothing good will come of it? I could tell Zierro was never going to stop arguing, he was treating it as a joke.

...and I'm in no mood to start another argument, could you please just drop it.

I just think it's funny when people go into, "No - you're being ridiculous" mode without any support. Anyone can do that, and it makes it a worthless stalemate of a discussion. Just a back and forth of, YES! NO! YES! NO! Kind of implies that you have no good argument, but of course this is just a generalization.

Can I try?

It's an invalid comparison because racism is directed at all members of the group being targeted with little or no backing. An average suggests that not every member of the group is the same, however as a whole the group has the trait(s), if done properly it is backed up, though still unfair to say the average x does y and so that x there is y (In short, leading to racism)

I'm probably wrong on most or all points, so feel free to shred this argument :lol:

I don't like pissing people off unless they start with me first. Like I said, instead of bringing up a valid point or even a point at all, you just went into stalemate mode and said, "You're being ridiculous" with no support. If you'd go back and read my posts, I was pleading you to actually stick to our discussion instead of sticking to the flamefest. Of course, you chose the latter though.

Oh yeah, and why are you getting pissed? I thought you said it was immature to care about what others say on this thread?

I did not contradict myself, I never do that. I did not "give up" I just stopped, why continue exchanging (metaphorical) blows to face when nothing good will come of it? I could tell Zierro was never going to stop arguing, he was treating it as a joke.

...and I'm in no mood to start another argument, could you please just drop it.

Can you stop being a hypocrite and drop it yourself? Nobody is forcing you to post here. Like I said, you're just on a high horse telling everyone what they can and cannot say or think, while doing the same things yourself. Quite contradictory if you ask me.

Also, it's not wise to claim that you never contradict yourself. Everyone does it once in a while - we're only human. Saying that you never do only kills your credibility instead of augmenting it.

It's an invalid comparison because racism is directed at all members of the group being targeted with little or no backing. An average suggests that not every member of the group is the same, however as a whole the group has the trait(s), if done properly it is backed up, though still unfair to say the average x does y and so that x there is y (In short, leading to racism)

You're right about that. I guess a more appropriate analogy would be that he's suggesting it's okay to say, "The majority of blacks are thieves," or something along those lines, instead of targeting every single black person (this is still racism though). But either way, racism is unfair and labeling an entire community's IQ level is unfair, so people have the right to get upset about this unfairness. They are both cases of an angry person taking the actions of a few and blowing it out of proportion and making it seem like it's a reflection of the community or race - a generalization. I'm against these types of generalizations.

Remind me what the point of all this arguing is?

That people have the right to defend themselves from being generalized.

lol, I thought we agreed to stop arguing over this thread, thanks alot 3rkid =D> #-o

I'm still baffled to see that you somehow see racism on the same level as being called an idiot

Sure, I'm not saying either one is the right thing to do, they're both wrong, you just need to accept that people are irrational when they become angry/passionate, no need to let it get to you. All you need to do is help them calm down, not argue whether what they said was morally acceptable.

Can you stop being a hypocrite and drop it yourself? Nobody is forcing you to post here. Like I said, you're just on a high horse telling everyone what they can and cannot say or think, while doing the same things yourself. Quite contradictory if you ask me.

Uhh.... anyone else seem to see a problem with this?

a70c7.png

FFS, stop saying I'm contradicting myself. It's like saying "that person is eating" when they're sitting on the toilet.

Your comparison is invalid.

You said you agreed to stop arguing on this thread, then you post an argument defending yourself when 3rkid spoke. You contradicted yourself.

I don't really want him to drop it. I'm saying that if he's going to tell us what to do, then he should do it himself too. You just misunderstood the context in which I was using the word "and".

What did I say about posting cop-outs? Oh yeah, that's right. It makes you look like an idiot.

Now are we gonna have a mature debate, like I'm trying to do or are you just gonna keep insulting me? It's okay if you want to insult me - I have no problem with that, but at least make some points about the argument at hand while you're at it, Mr. "Be on topic guys!!!"

And then....

lol, I thought we agreed to stop arguing over this thread, thanks alot 3rkid =D> #-o

I'm still baffled to see that you somehow see racism on the same level as being called an idiot

Sure, I'm not saying either one is the right thing to do, they're both wrong, you just need to accept that people are irrational when they become angry/passionate, no need to let it get to you. All you need to do is help them calm down, not argue whether what they said was morally acceptable.

I never agreed to that. Apparently you haven't either, since you keep on arguing too. This is like your third contradiction now.

Speak for yourself, I guess.....

Shouldn't this be moved to the debates forum, since that's all that's happening here now?

a70c7.png

FFS, stop saying I'm contradicting myself. It's like saying "that person is eating" when they're sitting on the toilet.

Your comparison is invalid.

You said you agreed to stop arguing on this thread, then you post an argument defending yourself when 3rkid spoke. You contradicted yourself.

I don't really want him to drop it. I'm saying that if he's going to tell us what to do, then he should do it himself too. You just misunderstood the context in which I was using the word "and".

#-o Really? I could've sworn I was pointing out your obvious self-contradiction. Well, I guess we read things differently.

a70c7.png

Besides the fact that it was a different argument...

This is getting really paltry.

No matter what anyone posts next, I refuse to reply - go ahead and say what you will.

Hm, was my "best way this will end" argument on this board, or a different one....?

I'm going to do the same now. Good bye, good night, good riddance, good karma, good food, good service, yada yada yada.

a70c7.png

Really? I could've sworn I was pointing out your obvious self-contradiction. Well, I guess we read things differently.

Can you kindly point out my contradiction instead of just quoting me and saying it's a contradiction? I'm not saying that I never do it like he did, but if I did I would like to know where it is.

Honestly, you're just quoting random things I said with no interrelation. I can do the same exact thing:

I could've sworn I was pointing out your obvious self-contradiction.

Well, I guess we read things differently.

"These are contradicting." See how ridiculous that looks?

This same argument can be used to say that it's wrong to get upset about racism.

This is getting really paltry.

No matter what anyone posts next, I refuse to reply - go ahead and say what you will.

Why do you need to announce this to us? Why can't you just simply do it? Oh, that's right. Because you want everyone to think you're the bigger person... something you blamed me for. :lol:

So far, A Local Guy was the only one to use an actual insightful argument that wasn't a complete cop-out or personal jab. And for that, I applaud him. The only reason this debate is going nowhere is because you choose to not to use rationale, and instead only go for ad-hominems which is a logical fallacy, really killing your whole argument (or lack of argument). You guys are fighting with emotion rather than logic. Like I said time and time again, go back to my old posts and read how I was asking for you to support your arguments. You gave none and instead turned it into a big flamefest. Sorry, but that bores me. If I want to insult a person, I'll go on Myspace. If I want to have a meaningful discussion, I use TIF. You guys just got angry that I disagree with you, abandoned the original argument, started flaming me, I fought fire with fire (and even complemented them with pertinent points unlike you), and now you just run off and blame me for this whole mess. We need our own drama show. :mrgreen: