Seaweed net pics > Crafting guide info

With the new update today, there will obviously be a correction/update being made. Here are my observations having already created/tested a seaweed net.

*Seaweed nets can be sold, but unfinished nets are not able to be traded/sold.

*Seaweed nets can not be traded to a familliar if they are full, however they can be stored with one if they are empty. (Tested on spirit Terror bird only.)

*If you have any seaweed nets in your inventory (with space in them) and you buy seaweed from Arhein, he will fill them with the seaweed you buy from him.

*You may have several nets in your inventory at once and fill them all. (So far I have had about 10 that I've filled)

*** Update*** I have now held 26 full nets in my inventory at once. (Two randomly broke while filling.)

*They will hold up to 10 pieces of seaweed each.

*To create the net, you do not need to use a spinning wheel with the flax. Simply take the flax to a loom (in multiples of 5) and weave it.

*Alching a net with seaweed will render no cash.

It is unknown to me at this time whether the nets will disintegrate/become damaged (such as a rune crafting pouch.)

***Update*** according to SerpentEye in their own thread, the nets do break randomly.

A second update came shortly after this, most likely to fix anything from the first update.

A player reported that after the second update when they logged in, they found their finished seaweed nets which had been in their inventory, had disappeared.

unfinished_net.gifUnfinished net

Examine: A strong net with no closing wire.

Level: 52 Crafting

Requires: 5 Flax

EXP: 0

High alch value: 30gp

Low alch value: 20gp

Weight: 0kg

Tradeable: No

- - -

empty_seaweed_net.gifEmpty seaweed net

Examine: A sturdy net with closing wire.

Level: 52 Crafting

Requires: Unfinished net; Bronze wire

EXP: 83

High alch value: 36gp

Low alch value: 24gp

Tradeable: Yes

- - -

seaweed_net.gifSeaweed net (1) thru Seaweed net (10)

Examine: A sturdy net containing seaweed.

High alch value: ?gp

Low alch value: ?gp

Tradeable: No

Empty seaweed net will automatically store any seaweed that you pick up off the ground. It also has a Fill seaweed net right-click option that will store up to (10) seaweed per net, similar to baskets/sacks.

*Also, it would appear that if you mess with your Seaweed net a bit too much, there's a chance that it will be destroyed randomly. I'll try to get a picture of this happening.

broken_net.png

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Hey, I created a thread on this earlier, maybe you should add on to mine rather than a new one? :)

Also, The net holds 10 seaweed, not just 5.

Well, I've been working on this since the update was released ^_^ Just took me a bit to get all the stuff gathered together XD. What with the banks not working... >.> Maybe they can merge the two topics together.

And thanks, I just figured that out about the discrepency with my numbers! :thumbup:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Yeah I went straight out after the update was released and made a few of them.

How many have you had in your inventory so far? I've had 10 and been able to use all of them at once. I am betting you can probably do a whole inventory of them and fill them all up.

Yeah I went straight out after the update was released and made a few of them.

How many have you had in your inventory so far? I've had 10 and been able to use all of them at once. I am betting you can probably do a whole inventory of them and fill them all up.

I'm not quite sure.

I'm being pulled in a lot of different directions right now XD. I'm also trying to gather information/pics about the new seed/herb/potions.

Plus, I don't really have that many seaweed nets, because I've been Alching all mine to get the alch values.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• 2 weeks later...

Both credited, thanks very much for all the information!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.