Dippy's Guide to Obby Mauling!

dippymister

Pantim it's obvious you have no experience with pking at low levels, let alone obby maulers. With 5 attack on one of my obby maulers I would estimate that i still hit people with 40 def about 1/2 the time. Thats a 35 level difference, 5 attack vs 20 defense would still hit a very consistent amount. Balanced players will always lose to pures, its simple fact, mains have tried and tried but they will never be a player with pking oriented stats. The only people who believe this are mains who have tried pking a couple times semi successfully. (Don't assume I said that all mains suck at pking, because ultimately its about 60% skill, but saying that balanced stats are better than pvp oriented stats is just ignorance.)

The high weapon stats of the obby maul help make up for the lack of attack a lot, not to mention will the help of a berserker necklace. Obby maulers can be dominant at any level if used correctly.

Btw, the argument you had for consistent damage means nothing. All pking relies on the ko to kill people, its not a death match. If it were a no running death match with both players safing, sure someone with defense would probably win. But those defense levels take away from their attack and strength levels, not allowing them to hit as high as needed for a successful ko. If you cant ko someone your not going to kill them, a balanced player will always lose to a pure, not to mention a pure with the koing power of the obby maul.

scubanz3.jpg

4972745284559197a18112.gifRsn: Scuba10

Pantim it's obvious you have no experience with pking at low levels, let alone obby maulers. With 5 attack on one of my obby maulers I would estimate that i still hit people with 40 def about 1/2 the time. Thats a 35 level difference, 5 attack vs 20 defense would still hit a very consistent amount. Balanced players will always lose to pures, its simple fact, mains have tried and tried but they will never be a player with pking oriented stats. The only people who believe this are mains who have tried pking a couple times semi successfully. (Don't assume I said that all mains suck at pking, because ultimately its about 60% skill, but saying that balanced stats are better than pvp oriented stats is just ignorance.)

The high weapon stats of the obby maul help make up for the lack of attack a lot, not to mention will the help of a berserker necklace. Obby maulers can be dominant at any level if used correctly.

Btw, the argument you had for consistent damage means nothing. All pking relies on the ko to kill people, its not a death match. If it were a no running death match with both players safing, sure someone with defense would probably win. But those defense levels take away from their attack and strength levels, not allowing them to hit as high as needed for a successful ko. If you cant ko someone your not going to kill them, a balanced player will always lose to a pure, not to mention a pure with the koing power of the obby maul.

Very well said. Finally someone who agrees with me. :D

To be honest, very few get to a high level.

Even with 80,90 str your only level 50ish, and with inferior weaponry, and the fact they have to train at places like rock crabs, means most will probably quit before they are "high level", instead probably changing to a new type of pure.

O.O

To be honest, very few get to a high level.

Even with 80,90 str your only level 50ish, and with inferior weaponry, and the fact they have to train at places like rock crabs, means most will probably quit before they are "high level", instead probably changing to a new type of pure.

This is true. To be honest, I've never gotten a mauler past 70 strength, it's just hell to train. Most maulers just switch to a granite mauler when they get past 70 strength or so. But if you stick with it until 90-99 strength, its pretty crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice guide, will help with the obby mauler I'm working on atm.

And to all the people saying they fail and don't hit, thats when range/obby maulers dominate.

Use weapons like rune or drags darts, plus recoil and poison, that is a lot of damage, then, BOOM obby maul for ko

I've got to say I don't like obby maulers

First summoning tanks have the advantage of you never hitting and giant chins blowing up/ familiars owning you (although these are even more of a train to level up).

Also the maulers have been outdated with the release of corrupt pvp weapons, a corrupt vls or spear will own the hell out of a mauler even if they are 15-20 str levels lower

Ranger pures pack alot of power with dragon stone bolts and dark bows and can hit higher than a obby mauler.

You have forgotten about mage pures. The people with 80 mage are at your level and can hit 20s/30s with charge and can bind you.

Admittedly obby pures have and advantage over normal 1 def pures who train attack but when you hit granite mail or claws level (or even if they pull out a corrupt pvp weapon) your advantages will start to lesson.

And your worst enemy is the super antipoison which sorta invalidates your pure.

So although im sure you plough through the rune scimmy noobs im not gonna go make one

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I've got to say I don't like obby maulers

First summoning tanks have the advantage of you never hitting and giant chins blowing up/ familiars owning you (although these are even more of a train to level up).

Also the maulers have been outdated with the release of corrupt pvp weapons, a corrupt vls or spear will own the hell out of a mauler even if they are 15-20 str levels lower

Ranger pures pack alot of power with dragon stone bolts and dark bows and can hit higher than a obby mauler.

You have forgotten about mage pures. The people with 80 mage are at your level and can hit 20s/30s with charge and can bind you.

Admittedly obby pures have and advantage over normal 1 def pures who train attack but when you hit granite mail or claws level (or even if they pull out a corrupt pvp weapon) your advantages will start to lesson.

And your worst enemy is the super antipoison which sorta invalidates your pure.

So although im sure you plough through the rune scimmy noobs im not gonna go make one

Well I quit RS a little while ago, and I've never even seen/heard of a summoning tank before, so I don't really know how to address that.

As far as corrupt pvp weapons go, at lower levels they're probably going to be doing about the same amount of damage (or maybe a little less) as a maul will, because with attack the player will have much lower strength. They are quite a bit faster though, and more accurate so they definitely do have an advantage. However its not like you run into those in every fight, and they're quite expensive (a bit too expensive for most low level pkers I'd say.)

Mage pures aren't really a problem tbh. 80 mage and all 1 combat stats is 56 combat (assuming they trained mage with combat, which would give them 68 hp). 56 combat is quite a ways away from a regular obby maulers 32-33 combat. At 34 combat, a mage would have around 50 magic and 39 hp. I don't really know much about mages but I don't think they're going to be doing much damage at 50 magic.

Most of the things that you named are quite a bit higher level than the standard 32-33ish combat level obby pure. I've said before that obby pures really don't do too well at higher levels when you get into granite mauls, ddses, and people with defense. That said, at a higher level, many obby maulers choose to get 20 attack for the corrupt weapons, get 50 attack for the granite maul, or get defense and become an obby tank. Or just turn into a ddser. Obby maulers' are best at low levels.

Well I quit RS a little while ago, and I've never even seen/heard of a summoning tank before, so I don't really know how to address that.

As far as corrupt pvp weapons go, at lower levels they're probably going to be doing about the same amount of damage (or maybe a little less) as a maul will, because with attack the player will have much lower strength. They are quite a bit faster though, and more accurate so they definitely do have an advantage. However its not like you run into those in every fight, and they're quite expensive (a bit too expensive for most low level pkers I'd say.)

Mage pures aren't really a problem tbh. 80 mage and all 1 combat stats is 56 combat (assuming they trained mage with combat, which would give them 68 hp). 56 combat is quite a ways away from a regular obby maulers 32-33 combat. At 34 combat, a mage would have around 50 magic and 39 hp. I don't really know much about mages but I don't think they're going to be doing much damage at 50 magic.

Most of the things that you named are quite a bit higher level than the standard 32-33ish combat level obby pure. I've said before that obby pures really don't do too well at higher levels when you get into granite mauls, ddses, and people with defense. That said, at a higher level, many obby maulers choose to get 20 attack for the corrupt weapons, get 50 attack for the granite maul, or get defense and become an obby tank. Or just turn into a ddser. Obby maulers' are best at low levels.

[hide=summoning tanks][yt]wWYtNEWqa5k[/yt]

summoning tank kicking a pure/mauler team

[yt]TjZywj41R4w[/yt]

another ownage summ tank

[yt]1geDGkYKA8E[/yt]

whole clan of them :lol:

and watch this one defiantly

[yt]Vvh0NsOy-0s[/yt][/hide]

Ive heard of lower hp mages using alching to have uncharged god spells around your level.

And you see alot of people with corrupt weapons now

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Ive heard of lower hp mages using alching to have uncharged god spells around your level.

And you see alot of people with corrupt weapons now

Well, if they used alching, they'd probably have around 10 hp (60 magic and 10 hp is 32 combat)... Which is an extremely easy 1 hit kill for most pures, especially obby maulers. I don't really see the point of that, they'd be killed pretty much instantly.

I'm sure there are a lot of people with corrupt weapons and they are definitely a threat. However I'm assuming they're a lot more expensive than a maul, although they do the same amount of damage. But, I'd choose the maulers high hp and lower cost over high cost for a corrupt weapon and lower hp.

As for the summoning tanks... They're interesting. They have quite substantial survivability, but not too much ko-ing power. (except for the chinchompa one, thats pretty good). They seem very very expensive though, so thats a bit of a drawback. And also I'm assuming they don't get too many fights, most pures don't fight tanks as a general rule (especially obby maulers). The DFS one didn't really have much to do with summoning (a lot of the time it looked like he didn't even have a familiar out), but thats the only plausible way to tank imo (using the DFS to ko). If you really want to shell out 25m or whatever for a DFS, then go for it, but thats not for me :P.

Like I've said before, theres different types of pkers, and I'm not saying that obby maulers are necessarily the best (although I like them quite a bit). It really depends on your style of pking. If you like having good ko-ing power, then obby maulers are good. If you like fast, small hits, then a pure ranger is good. If you like consistent medium damage, a regular 40 attack pure is good. If you like being able to survive a ton of people attacking you, then a tank.